The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You must be completly out, a criminal planning a job, Have more money than sense, Be part of the government..

Are there any others?

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
here's another one.

low but not out.. and still wanting to practice to keep skills up.. or otherwise need it. ie.. hunting. need to take a weapon test.. or in a shoot. AND/ or needing a few more boxes for comfort, since it IS so hard to get / spendy. may be fearing it goes up even further.... etc.

the only ammo i'm buying right now is odd stuff i've been looking for anyway.. stuff usually not in demand... 458 lott etc... 300 weatherbymag.. etc..

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
I figure if you buy from the bandits at the gun show you are just prolonging this. One good thing is I was able to get primers and 357,44 bullets. Going to get into reloading. We already did some 357 and they worked well...

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
The last loaded ammo I bought was 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 for $299, is that over priced?

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
that's pretty much tula price from walmart. ( 6$/20 ) in this day and age. can't be bad.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Im well stocked. so not paying crazy prices for ammo or components. But if I had my way id line all these punk ass price gougers up and give each and every one of them a TX sized country ass whippin. Aint no damn excuse for charging 125 bucks for a brick of .22LR ammo.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have purchased some ammo (.223/.556) since I am waiting to gather up everything needed to reload .223. I picked up 1k PMC Bronze for $399.99 on 12-15-12. Since then I have picked up about 200 rnds of Remington .223 FMJ from Walmart over the last month for $7.99/ 20rnd box, and 200 rnds of CBC .556 for $24.95/ 50rnd box from Clyde's Armory. Ammo can be found nearly every week if you will visit a few stores. I just don't under stand people selling ammo for $1 per round now. Of course I didnt understand why someone would buy at $1 per round. I found a posting Sunday for 200rnds of Federal .556 for $250 :eek:. Lots of hits on his posting, but NO responses.

I have felt bad for some of the guys and gals I shoot IDPA with. The ones that don't reload we're searching high and low for 9mm or .40s&w just to shoot matches. During that time I lucked across a LGS that had a large shippment of Rainier bullets come in and some SPP. I called up a couple friends of mine that were struggling to find ammo and told them if they wanted to load up some ammo, I would pick up the bullets, and primers. I have 24lbs of WST so they were GTG in powder.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Im well stocked. so not paying crazy prices for ammo or components. But if I had my way id line all these punk ass price gougers up and give each and every one of them a TX sized country ass whippin. Aint no damn excuse for charging 125 bucks for a brick of .22LR ammo.
Two gun shows ago, one vendor was selling bricks of .22lr for $189.00 each.:eek: I don't think he sold any that day. :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've been buying overrun bullets from SPS for about half price with very reasonable shipping for the last 5 months, surely not over priced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts