Illegal Immigration NOT a Crime??

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 4EvrLearning, Apr 21, 2009.

1. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/04/20/napolitano-illegal-immigration-not-a-crime/

(emphasis added to this copy)

On Sunday, April 19, 2009, Secretary Napolitano went on CNN’s “State of the Union” and proclaimed that crossing the border illegally is not a crime. This statement left a lot of folks scratching their heads given that U.S. law—the law Napolitano is sworn to uphold—says quite the opposite. Section 8, Title 1325 of the U.S. code clearly states that those who enter the U.S. illegally are committing a crime.

This ‘interpretation’ of the law by Secretary Napolitano seems to be the latest in an effort by the Obama Administration to scale back interior immigration enforcement efforts in the United States. As recently as March 28th, Napolitano made the decision to delay a series of immigration raids and other workplace actions aimed at finding illegal workers. At the same time, both President Obama and Secretary Napolitano have announced new initiatives intending to send the message that they take the issues at the southern border seriously. But the Administration cannot fight cartels while ignoring illegal immigration—people smuggling is part of the problem, not a separate issue. Legalization will only make matters worse. Granting the people here illegally asylum will only encourage more illegal border crossing. Likewise, failing to enforce workplace and immigration laws will only encourage more to ignore the law.

The fight has to go beyond the border. Just adding inspections on people heading south is not going to work. Homeland Security will inconvenience everyone but the smugglers who don’t care if some of their loads get caught and will seek alternative routes. On the U.S. side, there has to be a robust integrated response of federal, state, and local law enforcement at the regional level (meshing with is going on in California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico) that targets the cartel and transnational gang networks. At the local level, the U.S. needs more community policing that targets criminal elements in the border community. That means more support and assistance for border county sheriff departments.

Secretary Napolitano’s job is to follow and enforce the law—not to use her authority to undermine it.

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Why bother prosecuting the illegals, when Barry's puppetmasters create the North American Union, the illegals will be able to freely cross the Rio Grande:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I say we invade, make the border 75miles south of the river and then classifie the area as no mans land, anyone seen inside 40 miles from the border gets shot.

4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I think it's getting pretty obvious. The Illegals are the Patriots now....according to Napolitano and Pelochit.

The Americans have become terrorists and extremists.

I'm really getting confused as to where I live now.

:(

5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I really think she's a useless piece of Obama's toilet paper... :eek: She was obviously handpicked for her willingness to ACCEPT ORDERS unquestionably and without intelligible thought.... :rolleyes: I've been reading the Declaration of Independence and Constitution a lot lately. I don't believe we live in the country we were promised. :mad:

6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Perhaps she is thinking that there is no specific crime commited by STAYING after illegally entering?

(Where is my barf emoticon when I need it?)

Pops

7. alhefner

alhefner New Member

This chaps my hide!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

With the major problem of hispanic drug gangs such as S13, Norteno, and others how the $#@! does this total idiot even come close to justifying that idea?

8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I don't mean to nit-pick your comment, pony...but we weren't so much "promised" anything as we were entrusted with the nurture and safekeeping of our infant country, borne of amazing commitment, struggle and vision that was unprecedented. I know you know this....so I'm preaching to the choir, as it were...

We have turned that "infant" into a spoiled, sickly, wayward "teen" by ignoring wisdom in a multitude of areas. What an incredible shame....

9. whitemach

whitemach New Member

man,,and before he got elected i told friends he was not the change they were looking for,,,they said can 1 man cant really make a difference!:eek:

10. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Big ugly, can't shoot them. If you do then you get the Compean and Ramos treatment. A couple of Deputy Sheriffs have also been prosecuted and imprisoned for just that. That was under Bush. Under this administration, shooting an illegal alien will probably will put you in front of a kangaroo court and get you hung from meathooks with piano wire. Don't fall asleep on sentry duty and keep your powder dry. They'l be in the wire any minute.

11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It will be a hate crime to defend yourself against one of them. This is a prelude to amnesty. Once that happens we have lost.

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, considering how this part of NC is being OVERRUN with illegals, and MANY of them commit crimes and are involved in gangs, eventually someone here will be forced to defend themselves against an illegal.

Barry will get amnesty for the illegals. His puppetmasters want the votes. I highly doubt that we'll be able to vote the liberals out in 2010. This country died on 4 Nov 08. Everything since then has just been Barry making it easier for his puppetmasters to take complete control. Allowing the illegals free run in the US is just one part of it.

13. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

We have been taking too many prisoners. Use a shotgun.

14. islenos

islenos Active Member

Use Tactical Thermal Nuclear Devices along the border.:eek: Then those that choose to come to this county illegally will glow in the dark, makes'em easier to find.:D

15. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Let's forget for a moment the most offensive aspect of this whole situation, which is the utter disregard for our laws and our sovereignty and look at just one practical problem created by illegal immigration.

More people have died in a single year in traffic fatalities caused by drunk driving illegal aliens than were killed on 9-11. This isn't a homeland security issue? Many of those had no valid drivers license. Of course why would they need a license to drive here when they don't need a visa to live here?

Of course I imagine Obama and company believe if we make them all citizens that will solve the problem as they can more easily obtain drivers licenses. Will it make them better more considerate drivers? Will it prevent them driving drunk?

Here is some more information...a rather long read but enlightening.

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_traffic_accidents.html

This isn't even addressing the numbers of assaults, rapes, and murders committed annually by illegal aliens which is staggering. Like so many other issues we are facing today, Obama, Holder, Napolitano, and the liberal congress are forcing us to make a decision of either seeing our country destroyed or taking matters into our own hands.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009