I'm dismayed at forum participation... Are you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've seen participation drop off dramatically since the election. It seems that some folks have taken a defeatist stance on firearms issues and quietly slinked away. I would encourage them to come back as this is the most opportune time we've had to solicit pro-2nd Amendment ideals to encourage future voters! :) Get involved... This is the time to BUILD forum membership and indeed membership to all pro-2nd Amendment groups. ;)

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Guess that they're scared Uncle Sugar and Freddie the Fed may be watching.

*waves to Freddie the Fed*

3. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Maybe everyone is just busy cleaning their guns and getting prepared. Or with ammo being so scarce, spending more time at the reloading bench instead of the computer desk.

4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

bcj, you're speaking to exactly what I think the problem is... :eek: I think there are a lot of folks who believe their voice is considered 'extremist' and they're scared to let their voice be heard. I say our outspoken voice already has caused great 'change' in perception. It's no time to stop pounding home the message that law-abiding 2nd supporters are NOT loons with a crime spree planned. We're ordinary folks who want to protect our family and ourselves! :D

5. obxned

obxned Active Member

Yup, I think folks feel like their rights to free speech are null and void, and Big Brother is watching. Out here in the world, the talk is majorly, seriously, militantly pro-2nd Amendment. Just look at where people are putting their money, in spite of their fears of job loss and higher taxes.

6. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Oh heck, we know they watch,Who cares? I gladly tell anyone that I am a firearms owner and Second Amendment supporter. I know that for several months now I have been busy and not on the forum as much as I would like so maybe those that aren't posting are just busy right now. However I certainly agree that this is the time to build as we know that the government will use any excuse to place more restrictive laws on the honest people.Here is Spokane there was a guy just arrested that has been convicted like 22 times. Guess what,yep he had a handgun on him. I figure they will slap his hands and put him back on the street in a month or so,such a shame. catfish

7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

catfish, despite your position on 2nd issues, I'm dismayed that I haven't seen a picture posted of a bull elk, bear or moose lately... You're laying down on the job. :D

*just giving you a hard time* :D Welcome back! :D

8. pawn

pawn Active Member

Improved weather probably reduces participation of some, I'm proud to be a member of this forum and will contribute whenever I can. God Bless us all and the USA.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  9. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Sheeple get sheared,
    Mutton tastes good.
    Sad but true, too many people want to protect their existences not knowing what they gave up.
    Dare to live, obey the written law, but most of all, claim truthfully to have read the written law. The truth will set you free.
    Fight for what's right, know it can get worse, that's what makes the fight for better worth it.

10. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I thought forum participation has been pretty good lately... Are you refering to TFF or other forums?

mike
    gn

11. artabr

artabr New Member

I haven't been here that long but it seems to me that we've had a little growth spurt since the obamation of the nation.

Art

12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

This was my thought. I was under the impression it was rather good. There are regulars, many with lots of experience and plenty of visitors with a range of questions.

I for one learn new things all the time. And hope I have been able to help others here and there.

Like mike, I was under the impression it was going well.

Perhaps some with a special interest and lots to say in the political arena have found political forums? Which as I understand it, this is not supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Uh..no. It just has to go in the fire for effect forum... at least i think anyways. Either that or RKBA forum?
    I will admit i have to stop and think sometimes before i choose which forum a post belongs in before i post it.

mike
    gn

14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It has seemed like a fairly lively site to me for as long as I've been a member but that hasn't been that long. I haven't noticed a change in participation since the election.

I will say this speaking strictly for myself. While I love the dialogue this forum provides I am starting to get to the point that I feel I'm running dry. Makes sense considering my screenname I guess and I know some of you are saying "about time" lol. It just seems like everything's been said. I've pretty much mentioned everything I believe multiple times and what I haven't said myself others have said for me, and far better. Seems like we all pretty much know where we are and it's not Disneyland. I guess a lot of it is burn out from feeling so much anger and frustration lately. Don't get me wrong, I still love this forum but I'm feeling it's time to just shut up and listen awhile.

15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I understand. I stay away from the politics mostly, seeing it as not my place to comment but have noticed a lot of repetition.

One of the best things about this place is learning. We have helped one another a great deal in the firearms arena. Recently there was a guy who wanted to modify an R870. He got sound advice from several members and seemed to take it on board. He will, I hope directly benefit from joining. It may be he will return and tell us what he decided to do and why.

Its worth remembering like shooting, you tend to get out what you put in, so dont hold back.

Oh poop, its 10.00 here, a bright sunny Sunday and Mrs T just got called to the Police Station. One of her regulars.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009