I'm embarrassed for my Country

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Apr 18, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm listening to a press conference being given by Obozos Econ Council Director, Lawrence Summers and Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs.

Can either of these "spokesmen" speak a 5 word sentance without saying '"um" or "uh" 3 times. :eek:
    It's incredible that the lead spokesmen for the United States of America can't issue an un "uh"ed statement. :eek: :( :mad:

I'm not the worlds best speaker myself, but hey, I didn't apply for the job.

What do you think?

Art

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

when they same 'uh' alot it just means they're concocting more lies....

sigh

3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The POTUS is just as bad, so why should we expect any different from his appointees?
    My son went through a periond where he would like, use like the like word, like all the time.:mad: I quickly solved the problem. Same thing with uhs and ums. He could speak better than any of these clowns when he was in the 8th grade.
    Libs talk about how smart Obama is, and what an idiot Bush is.:rolleyes:
    Coulda fooled me.

4. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

"Uh" means "I don't/can't/wouldn't believe this crap myself either.
    Same with shifty eyes.
    And alot of blinking.
    A lack of a sound belief system causes all sorts of weird symptoms.
    a sound belief system causes purposeful action.

5. killbuck

killbuck New Member

6. cec

cec New Member

Not to start a flame war here, our previous leader was not known for his ability to speak in public. :)

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Obomba didn't ah hire Gibbs because he could speak better, umm as that might show him up, ahhh.

The great orator, I think not.
    Did you see some of the coverage from the UK? They were not ummm impressed at all and ahhh really ummm busted on him.

8. artabr

artabr New Member

But he did have the presence of mind to hire those that could. That tells me alot. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb ol' high school drop out. ;) :D

Art

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

[Obama Parody]I, ummm, think that he, errrrr, might actually, hmmmm, have to, wellllll, talk with them, ahhhhh, about not, welllll, using actual, ummmmm, economic commentary... We should not, wellll, confuse economic fact with, errrrrr, our version of the truth. Ok, thanks guys... [/Obama Parody] :D

10. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

They have to speak so their supporters can understand them....:(

11. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I am in 100% agreement with you. I have brought it to my wifes attention many times about Gibbs poor speach abilities. It really gets annoying listening to him. Perhaps that is why he has the job in the first place?

They would do better to have some southern guitar playing buba sitting on a porch strummin his guitar and singing the information to the press. No, that wouldn't be it, it would have to be some gangster rapper rapping the bros word to his posse.

12. cec

cec New Member

They also had a tendency to shoot lawyers so they all can't be bad. And how often did the VP really speak?

13. artabr

artabr New Member

Cheney didn't speak enough in my opinion. He's a sharp guy, I wouldn't get in front of him on a gun line though, plus anybody that tells Patrick Leahy what he can do with himself on the senate floor can't be all bad either. :)

Art

14. ARB

ARB New Member

Like G.W. Bush had a way with words? If you want to pick apart the current administration you may want to find another avenue to go down.

15. cec

cec New Member

Part of the problem was I do not think that part of his cyborg body was charged that often.

Still, my original statement of the previous 8 years were not the best for public speaking still holds.