I'm headed for the Court House on Monday morning!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacksonco, May 1, 2009.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I've had it. The past 2 years the Democrats spent time worrying about steroid use in baseball while our nations economy tanked. Now with all the problems this nation has a congressman from Texas is introducing legislation that would require a play off system to name the college national champion football team. You would think that our politaicl parties have enough serious issues to attend to.

Well come come Monday I am officially cutting my ties to the Republican Party and will be registering as an Independent. College Football was the last straw. I've seen on the news where the Republicans are trying or wanting to re-establish the Rebublican brand with the American people.

I know that football is big in this country and perhaps a national play off system will bring new blood to the party. But I find it to be an abomination to what the duties of the Legislative Branch are constitutionally burdened to persue.

Good bye Republican Party. See ya in the funny papers.

Jeff

2. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I hear ya. You know it was not that the democrats won the election, it was because the republicans lost it.

3. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Good grief...... and that's just ONE thing we know that they're doing that's completely frivolous and unnecessary. You're absolutely right, jackson....
    Absurdity reigns supreme...what a joke...have they no shame?

4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I've been thinking about doing the same... I'm sick of these centrist republicans that think we need to pander to the left.

mike
    gn

5. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Not me. For if you register "independent" or "libertarian," you still HAVE to vote within those parties for primary purposes. I am looking into registering "no party affiliation," so that I can vote for any candidate, no matter party affiliation. That is what I have come to understand, but need to make sure before making the change. There isn't a party YET that covers believe in a Supreme Being, the constitution, and unalienable rights (those granted by God).

I don't like aspects of any of the parties to date.

6. Angryisme

Angryisme Member

wholee she-itt someone who says what I've been sayin for years.
    Firstly, congress has NO part in sports. There are REAL ISSUES that confront this country.
    Do they really need to hold congressional hearings regarding drug use in sports?????
    I THINK NOT!!!!!
    These pricks waste more of our money on Crap! then I'll make ina lifetime.
    Don't forget they have a 'petty cash' of a hundred thousand or some crazy sh*it Each senator!!!! a yr.
    NEVERtheless they're on VACATION more than they're actually working. How are they helping us? What are they Doing for us?

Furhtermore.......
    Remember when we were kids?
    Athletes were Icons/ Heroes? whatever you want to call them.

In my opinion, these athletes /Heroes?, should be held to a STANDARD! PERIOD!!!

Guidelines as such:
    if you're doing drugs....you're a Has Been. This should NOT be tolerated or entertained at ALL!!
    You!! Are what our children should be striving to be.
    Convicted of rape? Still allowed to be a Professional Boxer?
    Are you kidding me?

It's all about the politics of it and people will still pay to see it.

CRAP!!
    ALL CRAP!!!!!

People are stupid. And stupid people support it. So it will continue.

Disgusting!

Rant, far from off...

but like I said, there are IMPORTANT things that confront our country...

Republican? Democrat?
    What's the difference??
    NONE of em represent ME.

Do they represent you?????????]

Really?!?!?!?

7. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

NEVERtheless they're on VACATION more than they're actually working. How are they helping us? What are they Doing for us?

THATS the only time I feel safe!

8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I registered as an independent from the get go.

9. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

When I saw this on the news I couldn't beleive it. To think that they would have so little courage to do something that frivilious and utterly worthless, at great expense, with our country's current state of affairs is truly astounding. We have the highest unemployment is decades, patriotic young people being killed in war, a health care system that only works for the wealthy, and a failing infrastructure and they talk about college football playoffs? :eek:

I say little courage because to begin to address the real issues will take great courage to make the tough and necessary decisions that will upset some votes and thereby put to risk the incumbent's cushy jobs with their wonderful retirement plans and the best health insurance available. These are the worthless cretins that have perpetual pay increases because taking a vote will make them look bad. How can they look any worse?:mad:

I predict that this effort will be as successful as the hearings on steriod use in baseball. :(