The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was at the range today and one of the other retired old guys had this S&W 1911 Pro series 9mm. I've been looking for a 9mm with a good trigger so I talked to him about it and he let me shoot two mags.

In hindsight that was not a good idea on my part because now I want one. The trigger was smooth, light, and crisp and the recoil was almost a pleasure. The problem is that I've already bought two guns in the past month and I don't think the wife will understand why I need a third. I also don't think she will believe I got it on sale for $10.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
I know that feeling. I just spent $1200 on a shotgun and I want a gun for CCW that is coming to Illinois soon. That S&W is on my shortlist.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Steve, I have both of these and I cant say enough good about them...S&W has stepped up their game with the new E-series 1911s...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Not that I know of...I guess I didnt realize the need for it to be a 9mm. Guess I should pay more attention. I think the pro series is being made in the same place as the e series though. They re tooled their plant and have made some nice 1911s. I havent always been a huge fan of S&W 1911s...I am now impressed.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
The E is just an enhanced 1911. S&W is turning out some fine 1911 pistols.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
The E is just an enhanced 1911. S&W is turning out some fine 1911 pistols.
Josh, I never thought I would see the day I would put a S&W 1911 against just about any 1911 made in its price range and even in higher priced guns. Today is that day. The full size E series is one of the finest 1911s I own. In my opinion its a 1500 quality gun for 750.00.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I only have my Citadel 1911 - right now I'm in lust with the AR 15 I'm building ;)

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I was able to handle a 1911 sc eseries and fell in love with it. But Inhave not seen another one since.
I carry mine every day...great carry gun..

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
I have been telling my wife it is against the law to not own a 1911 in the United States but so far she has not bought it.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I have been telling my wife it is against the law to not own a 1911 in the United States but so far she has not bought it.
I told my wife that it was against the law to not own at least 20 1911s or more and she agrees so I made it a point to stock up right away.:) I am glad I dont have to clear gun purchases thru her....she wants me to have a large arsenal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts