I'm NOT a big fan of Rush Limbaugh BUT....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Suicide*Ride, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

My little brother sent me this... thought you guys & gals would like to read it. I'm NOT a big fan of Rush Limbaugh but....

All I can say is: Well said Rush! I'm a service connected disabled vet who's not been "taken care of" so to speak, so it hurts to read stuff like this.

2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I am a fan and I also like Glenn, Sean and Bill. I miss the Black Avenger. Thanks for the post. I missed it. The gaul of our congresscriters continues to amaze me. Dosn't supprize me just amazes me. Spitting bullets. I still have a son in Iraq. Welcome to TFF if I missed you.

3. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

He not only keeps us informed of many things that you will hear no where else, but remember that letter from congress he auctioned off. Then matched the high bid, and donated all of it to a charity for the military.
    I may not agree with him 100%,(maybe 98%) but name me anyone who dose more good for those of us on the right.

4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I usually agree w/ most of what he (Rush) says, I (the OP) just have a problem w/ his past issues w/ narcotics abuse.

5. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

First off, that was the liberal media conclusion, after the Florida county's prosecutor were he lives, illegally obtaining, and leaking his medical records.
    second, ever have a ear infection? it's one of the worse pains you can have. Yes he admitted to using prescription meds, maybe more than good for him. But hey, imagine the pain of something that wound up making him totally deaf!
    So we can't cut him any slack, but a young man like Heath Ledger, with no known physical ailments dies from abusing a dozen or more "Prescription " drugs. And with a "Unlicensed masseuse" (Hooker) is held up as a Hero!

What the hell is wrong with this picture!

6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that this is a pretty old article, but it is still as relevant as ever.

I’m sorry, but I had to edit my entire post from here down.

7. artabr

artabr New Member

I do agree with the column and listen to Rush.
    The column dates back to 2002-2003. It's at least 5 years old.

EDIT:
    Here's about.com's take on it.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_rush_limbaugh.htm

"Comments: The above text, which went into email circulation in April 2002, has been confirmed by Rush Limbaugh as an accurate transcription of a monologue he delivered on his radio show March 11, 2002."

"Another version includes inaccurate remarks concerning Congressional pensions and Social Security which were not written or spoken by Limbaugh. The apocryphal comments were lifted from an unrelated email flier circulating since 2000."

"Limbaugh's figures above are roughly correct. As of June 2004, the compensation paid out to surviving family members of civilians who died in the 9/11 terrorist attack averaged $2 million per victim. By contrast, the families of American military personnel killed in combat typically receive a lump sum of $12,000 (as of November 2003; the amount was $6,000 when Limbaugh delivered his monologue in 2002), a burial allowance of up to $3,000, and ongoing monthly payments of $833 and $211 for surviving spouses and dependent children under 18 years of age, respectively."

Art

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  8. whitemach

whitemach New Member

i LOVE RUSH,,, hes the man:)

9. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I'm not a big fan or Rush for many reasons, save two big things (by big fan mean I don't listen to his show regularly, I don't dislike him like I do Bill O'Reilly).

1- This issue right here. It is politically dangerous to talk about this, and even most talk show hosts ignore it. But not Rush, Rush tackles it like we all should be.

2- Rush was really the first one who put the idea through my head that no Communism isn't even good in theory... as our academics always like to say.

10. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Thank you artabr for setting the record straight about the letter. As I said, my little brother sent it to me via e-mail & I guarantee it was something that was forwarded to him.

FJF0311, it is true that Rush was guilty of abusing prescription narcotics (Oxycodone, etc.) w/o a ligitamate need, even if the Florida county prosecutor were he lives, illegally obtained & leaked his medical records. He admitted to it. What difference does it make how he got hooked?

No, I'm not going to "cut him any slack" as you asked, merely because you like what he says. It's people like him that have caused people like me so much grief. As this is a puplic firearms forum... I won't go into detail about my personal business, but if you're that curious, feel free to send me a PM & we can discuss it.

My earlier post about his abusing perscription narcotics was to explain why I started this thread with the words "I'm NOT a big fan BUT". I used to listen to Rush ALL THE TIME!

Just because I don't listen to his radio show anymore doesn't change how I feel about some of the things he has to say. If I hated him, I woudn't have posted his letter.

11. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

I don't advocate anyone follow anyone else blindly. But I am constantly amazed by how often, WE cower away when asked if we support the few people who successfully articulate the Conservative agenda.
    Do you remember all the Republicans that ran for cover, when they were asked if they supported Rush's view on Barrack?

I listen to Rush any time I can. I don't believe your accusation that he admitted to using drugs just to get high. I don't know how you can blame him for what ever happed in your life, and quite frankly, don't care.
    Yes, this is a public forum, and you can post anything the moderators will allow. As I will post/answer anything I feel necessary in accordance to the same rules

12. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

No, I don't remember the Republicans doing anything regarding Rushs' views AS I DON'T LISTEN TO HIM OR FOLLOW WHAT GOES ON WITH HIM.

Good for you.

You don't have to believe me.... , Google "Rush Limbaugh Oxycontin addiction" & see what you find. I thought about doing it for you but I'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to enlighten you about your HERO.

When did I, in ANY of my posts blame Rush for ANYTHING that's happened in my life??? EERRRR?

As far as my comment to you about a PM, I didn't think I needed to "broadcast" anymore about this issue as it doesn't pertain to firearms. I'm a Service connected disabled vet w/a LEGITIMATE NEED FOR PAIN MEDICATION, who's had a bad time with Dr.'s due to folks "drug seeking".

Nuff said....

13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I agree that Rush is a big supporter of the conservative movement. I think where he sometimes loses credibility is when he starts one of his rants and sorta comes off as a lunatic. But overall he has been a good advocate of conservatism and he will tackle a lot of the issues most won't.

Go RUSH!

14. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

As far as my comment to you about a PM, I didn't think I needed to "broadcast" anymore about this issue as it doesn't pertain to firearms. I'm a Service connected disabled vet w/a LEGITIMATE NEED FOR PAIN MEDICATION, who's had a bad time with Dr.'s due to folks "drug seeking".

Nuff said....[/QUOTE]

I hear you suicideride. I have had chronic pain in my neck and back for about 3 years or so. I am lucky to have a doctor that will subscribe medications to help relieve it. I take at least 3 Vicidaen daily along with Tramadol 3 times a day and naproxin. My doc has told me how much scrutiny they are under when prescribing pain meds. There are a lot of people that doc shop for the drugs and ruin for people with legit needs. I hope that you don't have much trouble finding what you need.

15. questor

questor Member

Amen!