I'm Sorry, but Go Buy Your Own Ammo!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by XShooter, Apr 26, 2009.

1. XShooter

XShooter New Member

From the NRA:

CALIFORNIA: Ammunition Sales Restrictions Moving Forward in California Last week in the Assembly Committee on Public Safety two bills were heard. Assembly Bill 962 was passed and now heads to the Assembly Committee on Appropriations where it awaits a hearing. Sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB962 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a "handgun ammunition vendor" in the Department of Justice's database. AB962 will now head to the Assembly Appropriations Committee, so please contact the members of the committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose AB962.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Once it passes out there, this kind of crap will work its way east. Well, after it passes in CA, NY will be the next one to pass one. It will work sount and west form NY and east from CA. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I need to buy more ammo.

3. XShooter

XShooter New Member

So technically speaking, I can't give my kid a 100 round box of 22 rimfire to go plinking with in California? What is up with these legislators? Are they smoking too much wackie tobaccie out there or something?

4. XShooter

XShooter New Member

Here's what NY is up to:

Assembly Bill 1093, also sponsored by Assemblywoman Paulin, would impose new requirements on federally licensed firearm retailers and require that they obtain insurance to cover criminal acts committed after the legal sale of a firearm. The companion bill to AB1093 is Senate Bill 1715, sponsored by State Senator Eric Schneiderman (D-31).

5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I"m sorry to the conservatives that live there, but NY and CA have to GO! I say we give NY back to the English (or the Dutch) and give CA back to Mexico (after we allow the conservatives to leave;)).

6. XShooter

XShooter New Member

If it wasn't for some good Pizza, I'd say New York is now worthless as a member state of this country. I think California is worth fighting to keep. I like almonds, pistachios, and fresh fruit. All politicians should be put on a boat and sent to Cuba. The problem is not the states themselves, it's that people elect morons into office keep them there! They don't realize the power of the vote.

7. primerib

primerib New Member

Who are these imposters? Kevin De Leon, what is that, French. Where do they come from? Out there or something... CA is not that far away from you and I.

What is the NRA doing about this?

8. XShooter

XShooter New Member

The NRA appears to be doing what they always do - which is - every single thing they can do. They bring it to our attention via email, websites, magazines, radio, flyers, etc. They constantly encourage members to contact their legislators and provide the addresses and telephone numbers. They hire lobbyists to persuade our elected officials. The participate in televised major media and academic public debates. They are constantly educating and training the public and law enforcement. Heck they are even willing to teach a person how to write a letter! They look for legislation that isn't constitutional so they can bring lawsuits (which they frequently do) and have those laws shot down in the courts. What more can they possibly do?

The question should be: What can we do? What will we do? I guess, if you live in California or New York, you tolerate it - which just shows the politicians they can keep doing it to you - because you will always tolerate it. At least, that has been the trend in those states for a long, long time.

9. primerib

primerib New Member

The NRA had more clout in the past. Back then, politically speaking their opinion was most important. Nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if the ruling political class sees the NRA as a right wing extremist organization. I don't understand these elected officials or our gov. I don't believe more gun laws and more rights being taken away is what the majority wants.

If the anti-gun people are challenged or questioned they point to stats about firearm related crime. Then hire more law enforcement to enforce the current laws. We have enough gun laws. Why do you and I have to do without because of deranged criminals? I'm doing everything I can make a difference... going to tea parties, member of gun orgs, writing letters, voicing my opinion. Seems like it isn't enough.

10. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

If people who own guns and love Liberty, continue to vote based on "other" issues, onerous bills will continue to be brought before the house and senate at both local and national levels. This will keep happening. Many, many gun owners "sent a message" to the RNC and now are crying in their collective hands because of what was wrought.

We cannot continue voting to send messages, to support a cause other than the 2nd Amendment; Period, if we want to retain our constitutional rights.

What is wrong with our government is also what is wrong with us. I have a long record of voting for one issue only, period. I know there are others who do the same. I don't want to know how you voted. I am just saying, this is our problem, not the NRA's or the GOA's for that matter.

As a matter of fact, the trend with the NRA to compromise rather than take a hard line is our fault too. Vote. Use the power given you. Put the ILA on vacation ("be ever vigilant") by voting out these liberal, left wing so & so's in government at the local, state and national level, even on the school board and in the NRA.

There are; by some accounts, 82,000,000 gun owners in this country. That represents a voting majority. If you are a gun owner and voted other than "Right", You "ARE" the problem.

11. XShooter

XShooter New Member

I have found that if a candidate is pro 2nd amendment, then I am very likely to agree with him/her on just about everything else - go figure?

12. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

kick them all out and start fresh.

13. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Get out and organize. Vote. The conservative lost in the special NY election by a razor thin margin. Colman lost by a razor thin margin. The time for setting on the sideline is over.

14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

These close elections are lost in the recounts. Thats what community organizers do. In close elections they can "always" count votes for their candidates that do nor meet election standards and reject votes in districts they don't control. Suprise, another Dem. elected. Crooked elections are as old as politicks.

15. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Now that you mention it, all the elections that go into recount do seem to end in a Democrat victory...hmmm. I never noticed that until you mentioned it.