1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/28/01 8:41:03 am)
    Reply Imhotep?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you know about this guy Imhotep? I believe he has listed on both GB and AA. Seems I read some nasty-nastys about him at GB before I poof-banned that site. He has a few things that I am fleetingly interested in, but he does have a few negative feedbacks. The guy is located in Texas, and from what I have heard, never believe a Texan, especially a Texas Gun Dealer (How long is that barrel? Why son, it'll reach from here to the Rio Grande!)
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (7/28/01 10:09:36 am)
    Reply Re: Imhotep?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob, seems I remember that name being mentioned somewhere. What I find funny is, I pulled his auctions back for 90 days at Brand X....has three pages of nice stuff and lots of bids.......could not find one sale and all had reserves. LTS
    "am not" R2

AntiqueDr
    (7/28/01 11:58:12 am)
    I pulled his GB Feedback and found... nothing. AA has some feedback, mostly positive, some F's but nowhere near 50%.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    (7/28/01 8:27:14 pm)
    It is kind of interesting - it was at GB someone was making reference to the dealer in Texas using an Egyptian name that he didn't even spell correctly - and all his feedback has disappeared from GB? Is this another "protected" darling boy? I think I will not bid on his auctions. Something smells a lot like dead fish -------
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

WyomingSwede
    (7/29/01 10:58:02 pm)
    Bob...you are probably on the mark there, if he is a "reserve boy" he is probably priced sky high anyway... "if it looks like a duck....and quacks like a duck...regards swede
    Wyoming Swede