The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the imr load data site to get data for 7mm-08, 140 gr bullet, and i am confused as to these initials 140gr SFT SP. i know sp is spire point , what type of bullet is SFT? or who is the manufactorer of this bullet? It's not swift, sierra, or speer. i'm sure that these are the initials listed, so is this a misprint?

· Banned
2,751 Posts
i went to the imr load data site to get data for 7mm-08, 140 gr bullet, and i am confused as to these initials 140gr SFT SP. i know sp is spire point , what type of bullet is SFT? or who is the manufactorer of this bullet? It's not swift, sierra, or speer. i'm sure that these are the initials listed, so is this a misprint?
Swift.

Don't be concerned about bullet manufacture, It is perfectly acceptable and safe to substitute same weight, similar construction different manufactures. Just start low and work up.

· Premium Member
21,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i guess you are right steve, when i looked up bullet abbr. from a posting on another forum , i checked the swift abbr out and the poster had it at SPT, which now that i think of it, it had to be a misprint. Id be hard to spell swift with a P in it. I'm not that concerned about bullet manufactores just was confused about that one. i will be using nosler partition with that data. thanks

· Banned
2,751 Posts
140gr Nosler Partitions was my go-to Hunting loads in my 7mm-08 Savage. That was before I had the chamber cut to an Ackley. My go to powder was Ramshot BigGame. Excellent accuracy and velocity. If you can find it it might be worth a try.

Since the Ackley conversion I shoot 160gr Partitions and Ramshot Hunter or R-17.

· Registered
815 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.