·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this for a while now put away and was wondering about
what the value is on it? Not planning on parting with it, but just
curious as to the value.

It's a W.R. Case & Sons Case XX Collectors Series, Indian
Head Penny Knife, made in Bradford, PA., 1990.
Appreciate any info,
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Sorry Dale but I am no help at all. But, I have always loved looking at the collector knives that are around. That is a neat looking knife. Last Friday I was just looking at stuff at the lGS and saw a new issue of Remington's Boy Scout knife. Just last year I gave my grandfathers Remington Boy Scout knife to a friend that is really into Scouting and thought that this new one might be a nice addition but the $85 asking price changed my mind real quick, ha. Sure nice to look at them though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nice knife. Just looked through the case catalog and would like one of their leather handle hunter knife.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Dale but I am no help at all. But, I have always loved looking at the collector knives that are around. That is a neat looking knife. Last Friday I was just looking at stuff at the lGS and saw a new issue of Remington's Boy Scout knife. Just last year I gave my grandfathers Remington Boy Scout knife to a friend that is really into Scouting and thought that this new one might be a nice addition but the $85 asking price changed my mind real quick, ha. Sure nice to look at them though.
Thanks Todd.
It was nice of you to give the knife to a friend that could actually use it.
But $85 for another one..wow!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a cool little knife Zane.
Thanks Jim!
I've had it in my Gun Cabinet since I've had it.
I'd gotten it from my brother on a trade and the etching on the blades,
were painted yellow. Before he traded it to me, he said "here...I'll oil that up a bit" and he put WD-40 on it and the original yellow pain vanished!:mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You've got the double whammy.......Collectible 20 + yr knife an 100 yr + coin now thats Nice..........Redworm.............

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice knife. Just looked through the case catalog and would like one of their leather handle hunter knife.
Thanks LoneWolf. I've looked for this excact one on the net but cant find one like it anywhere. Does add to my collection though.
The inside of the case for the knife was worn and tore when I got it.
Someone didnt take very good care of it, or it ment nothing to them.:(

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You've got the double whammy.......Collectible 20 + yr knife an 100 yr + coin now thats Nice..........Redworm.............
Thanks Redworm, and yep...that 1903 Indian Head Penny is actually, in pretty good shape!:)

·
Garandaholic
9,515 Posts
Thanks Redworm, and yep...that 1903 Indian Head Penny is actually, in pretty good shape!:)
I can't tell you anything about the knife (other than it looks neat) but I am a coin collector. The indian head penny has limited value, can't tell for sure from that pic but it looks like it was whizzed (buffed) before going into that holder. If not it's peak value even if in a typical uncirculated condition is under $50 :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts