The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Looks like a typical Chinese Type 56, of military origin. The spike bayonet and side-mounted rear sling swivel were typical from the mid-1960s onward, as I recall. This was during the period where the Chinese started to drift away from the original Russian design details.

Factory code 0130 in a triangle, with the 3 Chinese characters, makes it definitely a military surplus rifle. It all appears to be in original condition. Do the serial numbers match on the receiver, stock, bolt, bolt carrier, trigger group, and receiver cover?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes all the sn match. It looks like it has not been fired or very much. What do you think to is worth today?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
On the value, there's no set-in-stone way to give you a dollar figure. Things are a little crazy right now and anything semi-auto is selling.

Yours is a good example of a clean Chinese SKS, but I'm not seeing anything about it that's particularly collectible or rare. Average price I typically see these for is around $350. Though some folks are trying to get upwards of $500 right now, due to pre-ban panic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the 2million ser number it should be a 1958 manufacture
Here is a site with all kinds of sks info to read up on

the value kinda depends on the area where you live I sold mine last summer for $275 mine was unissued, and have seen them going for $450 and this was before the gun ban BS going on.
and heres another site you might get more info and an idea of what they are going for.

Good luck with it they are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info. I am more of a hunter than a target shooter, so I am trying to take advantage of the market increase of these rifles. I want to sell my SKS while I can get a good price for it.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Thank you for the info. I am more of a hunter than a target shooter, so I am trying to take advantage of the market increase of these rifles. I want to sell my SKS while I can get a good price for it.
Just put it on one of the auction sites. You'll get a decent price for it. Another option is to put it on a classified site with a fixed price.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Wait a few more weeks, if you just have to sell it. By the way the SKS is a very good deer rifle. It can be scoped, and these guns are really good shooters out to 100 + yards.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
We have this forum for a reason. People come here to ask questions and ask for values and we have plenty of qualified people here to answer these questions. For those of you who make a post with a link to another site for people to go to for this information, I can tell you your links will be deleted. What is the point of us having this forum if we direct people somewhere else? I suggest that if you do not have the answers to the questions yourself, just stay silent and allow someone who does to come and answer the questions........

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
By the 2million ser number it should be a 1958 manufacture
Dating a Chinese SKS by the millions range of the serial number does not apply to all factory codes, and is really only known to apply to factory code 26. And this case is a good example of why. There is no way that rifle could be a 1958 model based on the features it has. It's likely a late 1960s or 1970s make. Possibly even early 1980s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dating a Chinese SKS by the millions range of the serial number does not apply to all factory codes, and is really only known to apply to factory code 26. And this case is a good example of why. There is no way that rifle could be a 1958 model based on the features it has. It's likely a late 1960s or 1970s make. Possibly even early 1980s.
You are correct 1952 sniper I looked at the 13 and then looked up for a 26 my mistake, a good site and info on the sks's is yooperj just google it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts