The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,831 Posts
From what I can see it appears to be the Jaeger Model with a 26" half-octagonal barrel, open sights, and pistol grip stock, and if it is the 2020 Standard Catalog of Firearms says:

Exc 1750
VG 1450
Good 1195
Fair 750

Looks to be in Very Good to Excellent condition.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Order online a copy of the latest addition of Blue Book of Gun Values, by S.P. Fjestad, published by www.bluebookinc.com
This book will give you real market values without depending on other people to guess your firearms values. All the grading prices reflect the true condition of the firearm. You have to be honest with your interpretation of a particular firearm condition. The condition values are from 100%-60%. This value chart is at the top of each page but continues down for every firearm listed on each page.

This an image of the 2008, 32nd addition of Blue Book Gun Values showing the possible value of your the rifle, but you shouldn’t trust this because as I understand that some time ago Shilo and Sharps had separated into two separate companies. Someone here should be able to verify that.

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
If you can find one of those for $1750.00, you better buy it...and every one you can find at that price. This is a prime reason those books are not to be trusted for anything out of the ordinary. This is getting into my bailiwick. I have 2 Shiloh's and were I to sell either negotiations would begin at $3,000. Talk to Mak, he just bought one.

Hartford fore end, upgraded wood, 45-70, like new.....I'm going in at no less than $2,500.00.

This is just the Business Rifle, the entry level from Shiloh.

JUST IN FROM SHILOH SHARPS: CUSTOM 1874 Business Model, .45-70, 28” heavy tapered round barrel for sale (gunsinternational.com)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts