The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was browsing some sites and looking at parts kits when I browsed across some kits for double-barreled shotguns.

So the thought popped into my head, how interchangeable are the parts with basic weapons like single or double-barreled shotguns?

Let's say for example that you have the barrels, stock, fore end, etc to a Stevens model 330 but the receiver is that of an Iver Johnson Hercules. I would assume you would have to probably modify parts to fit in some places, but, could it be done?

Quite curious about it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bill gave the short and simple answer!

You might be able to modify the wood with some effort but the odds of the barrel pivot, locking lug, barrel width and height spacing being close enough to make work is pretty low.

Even trying to mix parts from the same manufacturer within the same "family" of guns can be tricky due to slight production changes and that's especially true on older guns.

If you already have the Stevens "parts kit", keep an eye on the various auction sites for the correct Stevens receiver and vise versa if you already have the Iver Johnson receiver. But remember there's still a good chance that a fair bit of fitting will have to be done. These aren't like AR-15's where you can put together parts from upteen different places and have a 99.999% chance of everything working properly when done.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
What they said. I have a Stevens 311 H I've been looking for a set of barrels for. So far I've found barrels for several different ones but no H models and nothing else will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts