The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I truly love the Outdoors, Hunting, Fishing and Metal Detecting and not in any specific order, I do whatever the Spirit moves me on any day. When I lived in Pennsylvania, I was fortunate in live in the Pittsburgh area which is rich in history. I found artifacts from the French and Indian War, Revolutionary War, Civil War, and WW1 and 2. I will drop everything to hunt a 18th century yard, field whatever. Everybody keep that in mind if you have any places like that in the Atlanta area.

The other day I was reading different news papers on-line and came across an article about a group of fishermen that may have changed the Revolutionary War. These guys were unbelievable in their exploits. Here's the web site https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/john-glover-and-marblehead-men-massachusetts. They were some Bad A$$ dudes, I never heard of.
John Glover and the Marblehead Men of Massachusetts.

·
Premium Member
15,389 Posts
Having read a LOT about the AWI, yes sir, the Marblehead fishermen saved Washington's bacon more than once. The most famous is probably the evacuation of the entire army across the East River after the battles for New York. Another salient point about that evacuation is the fog that DIDN'T lift UNTIL the army was across.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts