The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I'm new here. My name is Erik. I started getting interested in guns occasionally hunting with parents when I was a kid, these days I'm just a gun nerd. I've got my concealed carry card, am a collector, am a prepper, etc.

Without getting too specific, I live in a very large county containing a very large and several medium sized cities - my family and I run a farm/homestead business in the boonies of the county which is right now my primary work. However, I'm also an actively practicing medical professional per diem. I've been a paramedic for 8 years, nurse for 6, and prior to that I was an EMT-B.

I've worked/work in a variety of different environments - peds emergency department, adult emergency department, level 1 trauma, urgent care, substitute school nursing, camp nursing, 911 EMS, ambulance critical care transport, event medicine, education roles, etc.

I'm an extra class amateur radio operator - am involved with ARES/RACES/SkyWarn. I'm a big geek - guns, electronics, ham radio, biology, chemistry. I'm also a purple belt in BJJ, and a newer yellow belt in judo.

I have a wife and 4 kids — 2 biological, 2 adopted. We're also foster parents primarily doing medically complex kiddos, emergency short term placements, or respite care.

Thanks for having me here, and hopefully I can be helpful to this community!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hey all, I'm new here. My name is Erik. I started getting interested in guns occasionally hunting with parents when I was a kid, these days I'm just a gun nerd. I've got my concealed carry card, am a collector, am a prepper, etc.

Without getting too specific, I live in a very large county containing a very large and several medium sized cities - my family and I run a farm/homestead business in the boonies of the county which is right now my primary work. However, I'm also an actively practicing medical professional per diem. I've been a paramedic for 8 years, nurse for 6, and prior to that I was an EMT-B.

I've worked/work in a variety of different environments - peds emergency department, adult emergency department, level 1 trauma, urgent care, substitute school nursing, camp nursing, 911 EMS, ambulance critical care transport, event medicine, education roles, etc.

I'm an extra class amateur radio operator - am involved with ARES/RACES/SkyWarn. I'm a big geek - guns, electronics, ham radio, biology, chemistry. I'm also a purple belt in BJJ, and a newer yellow belt in judo.

I have a wife and 4 kids — 2 biological, 2 adopted. We're also foster parents primarily doing medically complex kiddos, emergency short term placements, or respite care.

Thanks for having me here, and hopefully I can be helpful to this community!
Hello Erik8181 and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. That is quite a resumé you have. More and more of us out here should try to supplement our skills about some of the things you do for they are all practical skills that anyone can benefit from knowing, You will find a lot of information on TFF about things that go boom-boom so take some time to do some reading. Surely you will find information useful and practical to your needs. Stay safe and keep your Covid-19 shields up. We need LOTS of experienced people like you.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,656 Posts
Welcome to TFF from the UK!!

Reactions: Gudaki and orion340

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
P1050370.JPG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts