IPSC

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Cricket67
    (2/18/02 4:18:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All IPSC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just purchased a 9 mm CZ85 Combat as a starter gun for IPSC competition, until I get the courage to move on to a .40 or .45. Can anyone give me any suggestions for this particular firearm?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/18/02 8:23:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: IPSC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hiya' Cricket, it's good to see your interest in competition shooting.
    I personally shot Bullseye with a S&W mdl. 41, 5 1/2" heavy barrel and a High Standard Victor for my rimfire guns, and A S&W mdl. 52-2 and a Colt Gold cup for my centerfire guns.

It's a whole lot of fun.

As far as your particular gun and IPSC question, I'm sure 1 of our resident shooters will be more than happy to take a shot at answering your questions.

Be sure to keep us up to date on how you're doing!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/18/02 9:06:13 pm)
    I am also thinking about doing the IPSC thing. I got some laterature at a gunshow a couple days ago when some guys at a table tried to recruit me. Looks like fun.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/20/02 9:28:51 am)
    You may want to consider a trigger job. You will need at least four magazines, mag pouches, and a good holster.
    If your just getting started in competition, it would be a good idea to try some IDPA matches also.
    Do you reload yet ? If not, you will with all the practice you'll be doing.
    Great sport, I hope you enjoy it. Good luck.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/20/02 10:18:17 am)
    What you can do to your gun, depends on what division you're shooting in.

See: www.ipsc.org/

Bikerpreacher
    (4/2/02 9:02:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del IPSC
    Check the ranges in your local area, and go check it out once. I went out a couple of weeks ago just to watch. I must warn you it is addictive though. I bought a Para Ordnance P-14 Stainless, it had some work done, and a good trigger job. It is currently at the gunsmith, getting a skelitonized hammer and a beavertail grip safety. I am looking forward to shooting the next time out. Good luck.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/2/02 7:39:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: IPSC
    Welcome Aboard Bikerpreacher
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Bikerpreacher
    (4/3/02 1:11:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del IPSC
    Thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to visiting here.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/3/02 3:16:29 am)
    shot IPSC for two+ years, Limited class with a Series 80 .45 - had a fantastic time.

Four mags is about right, stock gun is fine. The rest depends on your interest, competitive nature, and pocketbook. You'll see people walking around with $2-300 worth of Safariland holster rigs, and you'll probably need such if you are good enough to compete at the top levels of your local club, but don't sweat it to begin with - go, have a good time, compete against yourself / your own performance, get good (and safe) before you worry about being 'fast'.