Iraq / Iran

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, May 2, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Has anybody noticed this yet?

Iran helicopters strike Iraq Kurd villages
    Iranian jets 'hit' Iraqi Kurd areas
    Iran shells Kurdish rebel positions in north Iraq

Iran didn’t actively attack Iraq while Bush was in office, do you think they are doing this because they know they can get away with it now?

Iraq is getting worse rather than better now, this is not good news at all. I’m really starting to get worried about our boys and girls that are stationed there, not to mention those Iraqi’s that want peace.

It sounds like Iran has stepped up their direct and indirect efforts in Iraq. I’m getting bad juju.:(

2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Yep. We should never allow this. The Kurds have been with us from the beginning.

3. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

The real reason we are in Iraq in the first place is #1 because of Iran, they are an unstable country that HATES Israel and the only thing between them is Iraq.... and your not exactly going to shoot your neighbor in the face if the cops are next door. but now that we have a new commander in chief (police chief) who is'nt as audacious and kind of takes the back seat on things and the police have started to leave and become more lax. Iran is starting to antagonize its neighbor and the #2 reason is because they had chemical weapons, a vast majority of them were flown out to Syria or buried some where in the desert... how do we know Iraq had/has chemical weapons??? because we have the receipt!!! and the 3rd reason is because Saddam had out lived his usefulness to the united states and furthermore he was a total @#% hole. the truth is we need a military presence in the region to keep it stabilized or all hell is going to break lose and there goes our oil and no more Israel... We need to stay in Iraq until the Iraqis have a respectable army influenced by the US you know friends and allies kind of thing. ;)

4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Why in the hell is Barry codling the Iranians. They make death threats against one of our closest allies, they make death threats against us, they sponsor terrorism, they are developing nukes, and now they're attacking innocent people in another country! Ah yes, that's because Barry is a Muslim and he can't attack his own people:rolleyes::mad::mad: I vote that we just bomb the hell out of Iran, starting with President whatshisnuts and work our way on down the line.

5. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

I agree with you there. i think we should level a village / town (B52 strikes and MOAB) of Iran for every attack they launch until they cant take it any more and stop. and if there are no towns left but Tehran and they keep on keepin on..... NUKE IT!!!

[​IMG]

6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I don't think that Israel is our closest ally any longer. I think they dropped off the favored nation status on Jan 20 2009. They are descended from the wrong branch of the Abraham Family Tree as far as the current administration is concerned.

7. copenhagen

copenhagen New Member

Honestly if we'd take our Boys out of Iraq and Afghanistan and put them on our borders along with a few protective tariffs, we'd see this country go back to Americana in 3-4 years. Oh yea, getting rid of central banking might not be a bad idea either, long as we're at it...

8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Sad but true. Of course, I still consider Israel to be an ally, and I don't give flying flaming f****** rat's a** what Barry thinks.

9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

My opinion is Isreal has far too much patience.

I think it's time we let 'em have at it. Just stand back and watch.

Put on the gloves, ring the bell, and the last man standing is the winner.:D

The entire middle east is bent on the destruction of a handful of jews.
    Why is that? All they want is a patch of dirt that they can call their own.
    Seems reasonable to me. What's the big deal? Why the hatred?

Religion?:eek: But Muslims are so peaceful.:rolleyes:
    SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Take to your corners, and when the bell rings, come out fighting. No judges, and no intermission.

Wonder what the odds in Vegas would be.:p

10. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

It's the same crap Clinton pulled.

He had a threat assessment wrote that said there was no eminent threat to the United States. Then he used that as the basis to slash the military. Remember. Reagan built our military to counter an attack by the Russians. Imagine what it would be like, if we had to face them with the drastically reduced military that is so over extended now. Don't get me wrong, the men that are fighting for us in Iraq, and Afghanistan are the finest the world has ever seen. But multiple year deployments due to too small a fighting force is ridiculous.
    Now Barry wants to make us think every things OK, All he needs to do id send them a autographed picture of himself, or perhaps a hand*** form Michele, and every things gonna be all right!
    Then he, and the Dem's can finish the job started by the Clinton's. And reduce our fighting forces to the point of inconsequential. and spend the money on the "Homeboys" to insure re election, and the destruction of our country.

11. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

It's always been rather instructive and illuminating to pay attention to all those on the left who claim to be pro-Palestinian, clamoring for a Palestinian state at the expense of the security of Israel, the only democracy in the region, with a vibrantly free press, women's rights, and religious freedom for all, yet these same "pro-Palestinians" (I call most of them anti-Semites) are strangely silent when it come to the Kurds. The Kurdish people, unlike the "Palestinians", are a true People with a culture spanning thousands of years, with their own language and traditions, as opposed to the "Palestinians", who have never had a national consciousness, let alone their own language and traditions. And unlike the "Palestinians" who ultmately aren't looking to live side by side with Israel but replace it, the Kurds are not looking to replace Turkey or Iraq, they just want a piece carved out for them. If there is a People worthy and deserving of their own Nation, it's the Kurds.

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You're right on with that one.

13. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

I second that.

14. tmd11111

tmd11111 New Member

You misses one. A few weeks ago we shot down an Iranian DRONE flying over an American base here in Iraq.....Wonder where they got that idea from???

15. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    President Woodrow Wilson in the 1920 treaty of Sevres, promised the Kurd's there own sovereign state, in 1923 the New 'Turkey' tossed out the treaty and denied the kurds there own state. And now Armenjane (how ever you spell it) is buddying up to Turkey.

An old ww2 friend of mine made the comment of turning the whole place to glass and have done with it.