The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason probably because years ago she bought an Xmas present for me from them, my wife’s account at Midway seems to be recognized and not mine. The ads come addressed to her and not me which I think is amusing.

Anyway I have all the spp and srp that allow it set at “notify me,” and except for a couple times this summer she told me I got notified and every time I got around to ordering they were sold out except once this summer I managed to get 1000 CCI and 1000 Federal spm, she swears she has got no other notifications in her email since then.

is anybody finding primers at Midway, or anywhere else on line?

·
Super Moderator
26,931 Posts
Everytime I check there, they are sold out with "no backorder" but does have the "notify me" option. I know that they"d be gone by the time I reply, so I don't.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
I have the "notify me when they hit a certain price" feature set up in Ammo Seek for three calibers, with the price set pretty low (normal prices). I have been notified at least three times in the past few months for the .22 Magnum ammo. Of course, by the time I respond, they are gone.

·
Super Moderator
26,931 Posts
I have the "notify me when they hit a certain price" feature set up in Ammo Seek for three calibers, with the price set pretty low (normal prices). I have been notified at least three times in the past few months for the .22 Magnum ammo. Of course, by the time I respond, they are gone.
I didn't know that you could do that on ammo seek. I'm going to have to go back and figure that out.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
I didn't know that you could do that on ammo seek. I'm going to have to go back and figure that out.
Something to do with "Saved Searches" - mine shows up on the far left side of screen about middle ways.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
when i bought my gun today the store had a bunch of 12ga shells, but my budget was used up on the gun, i could of bought an O/U and $100 bucks in shells, but i already have 50lbs of lead shot and 30lbs of steel. 5000 209 primers so im good on shotshells for my needs. other ammo was scarce, reloading section only had 700x powder 3 1lb bottles Mrs. Grouse said NO. they had 10 boxes of various rifle ammo waiting to be put on the shelf they were really busy, so it was just sitting in a cart people kept opening the cases and grabbing boxes of ammo for themselves. The girl who was helping me was getting irritated and said i wish they would just let us fill the shelves we have enough to fill it 3 times. this shelf is 7 feet high about 18 inches deep and 32 feet long. she said they have a list of what they are allowed to put out each day.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've given up on Midway, on just about everything.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
when i bought my gun today the store had a bunch of 12ga shells, but my budget was used up on the gun, i could of bought an O/U and $100 bucks in shells, but i already have 50lbs of lead shot and 30lbs of steel. 5000 209 primers so im good on shotshells for my needs. other ammo was scarce, reloading section only had 700x powder 3 1lb bottles Mrs. Grouse said NO. they had 10 boxes of various rifle ammo waiting to be put on the shelf they were really busy, so it was just sitting in a cart people kept opening the cases and grabbing boxes of ammo for themselves. The girl who was helping me was getting irritated and said i wish they would just let us fill the shelves we have enough to fill it 3 times. this shelf is 7 feet high about 18 inches deep and 32 feet long. she said they have a list of what they are allowed to put out each day.
I had a point in this i forgot to add. it makes me wonder if some of these online places actually have stock, hold onto it for a bit and put some out as limited stock at higher prices. like sniping these people "Holy heck thank my lucky stars 9mm UMC its $28 for 50 rounds but i better get some while its available".

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have many "notify me" options set up but have never got a call yet . Only place I have ran across any primers on the shelf was at Acadamy once when I was in there . See lots on them auction sites but would need a loan from Tony Saprano to afford them .

·
Registered
979 Posts
I had a point in this i forgot to add. it makes me wonder if some of these online places actually have stock, hold onto it for a bit and put some out as limited stock at higher prices. like sniping these people "Holy heck thank my lucky stars 9mm UMC its $28 for 50 rounds but i better get some while its available".
The guy at local hardware store told me that when 22s were hard to find he had over 100 thousand rounds but only put out a couple boxes a day.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Guess my "forgetter" quit working, found twice as many primers as I thought I had..forgot that I put them on another lower shelf on my bench. Nice to know that there is an additional 2K LPP, and 2.5 SPP, some of those are Magnums though.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably late spring or so I had “notify me” set at Midway, my wife tells me at like 9:00 am Monday morning the next week she got the notification. But I was busy at work and didn’t immediately react bu about an hour later got on, saw they had CCI spp and went to order it, got all the way through the process, hit “submit,” and it came up “unavailable no back order “😡. About a week later she tells me she got another notification about the same time on a Monday, I jumped on, they had cci and federal ssp limit 1k each, I ordered one of each and it went through, “sale” (regular) price, like $16 shipping with hazmat and I got them in like 3 days. But since then not even one notification unless my wife missed them.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also stumbled into the last 1k of CCU srp at my LGS and he has had none since. I’m kicking myself when I needed the “smalls” several stores still had lpp and lrp but I didn’t need them as much so I passed. I shoulda bought them, especially since now I’m getting ready to load .30-30 and .30-06 now but wasn’t then🤨

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Went to two shows this weekend.. One was quite large. 0 primers.

A few kegs of powder at 3x going rate. Would have LOVED 8# of imr 4227 and 5# trailboss.. But not for near 300$.

I did find 4 1# cans of titegroup at normal 29$ price and was exceedingly happy. That will keep most of my handguns fed for a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts