Is big brother watching? You bet, ’Fusion Centers’

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Is big brother watching? You bet, ’Fusion Centers’

“Fusion centers focus on empowering State, local and Tribal governments, as well as feeding critical information back to Federal intelligence and law enforcement officials.”

“Today, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice recognize 70 fusion centers, including ones in every state and every major city of the United States.”

“The Department, via the FEMA National Preparedness Directorate (NPD) and in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Justice, offers services under the Fusion Process Technical Assistance Program to facilitate the development and operation of a national network of fusion centers. Part of the overall Technical Assistance Program managed by NPD, the Fusion Process technical assistance provides for 13 specific services available to fusion centers, including services to support the development and implementation of privacy policies, suspicious activity reporting, and the implementation of liaison officer programs. To date, the Fusion Process Technical Assistance Program has provided more than 145 services and more than 40 fusion center exchanges. In addition to the Technical Assistance services, the program has supported a host of national and regional workshops, fellowships, exchange opportunities, and online resources for fusion center personnel.

DHS, along with the FBI, provides support by granting security clearances for eligible State and local partners, as well as support in other areas of security, including policy development and document storage and handling resources.”

For the rest of Secretary Napolitano’s report, click the link above.

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

If I cared about what I say being 'government' knowledge then I wouldn't say it. :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009

3. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Sounds like a bloated Bureaucracy to me....

mike
    gn

4. Marlin T

I know that this thread is pretty old, but old enough to see now how the Fusion Centers ARE watching us.

Remember that there are at least 70 citizen spy posts throughout America.
    Target? Well those people with Ron Paul bumper stickers, authors, and members of places like this, that is who is being targeted.

Here is a big middle finger for you Janet Reno, I mean Janet Napolitano.
    By the way, make sure to read the links provided.

Will 'fusion center' accept 'militia enthusiast's' challenge?
    October 23rd, 2010 11:21 am ET

Almost two weeks ago we discussed an "Intelligence Brief" by the Kansas City Regional TEW Inter-Agency Analysis Center focused on Mike Vanderboegh and his in-development novel "Absolved."
    Relying heavily on Southern Poverty Law Center talking points that conflate patriots with haters (indeed, we've seen the relationship between SPLC and "homeland security" enforcement solifidify into one of quasi-official symbiosis), the report claimed:
    Vanderboegh’s novella is very similar in nature to a 1978 novella, The Turner Diaries. In The Turner Diaries, an overthrow of the U.S. government and race war was depicted. The novella became, and is still considered, a staple of anti-government, racist rhetoric. Timothy McVeigh was an avid reader of The Turner Diaries and was possibly motivated by its content to conduct his attack on the Oklahoma City Murrah Federal Building.​
    This, of course, is nonsense, as Vanderboegh has been one of the leading voices in the "militia movement" against racism, and this has been documented time and again, notably in Professor Robert Churchill's "To Shake Their Guns in the Tyrant's Face," where, as I observed in my GUNS Magazine review:
    He continues on through the post-Waco/Ruby Ridge militia resurgence to where we are now, introducing us to key leaders of a movement that is not the monolithic stereotype many assume, as evidenced by the schism separating malignant factions promoting hate from Constitutionalists promoting rights for all.​
    With this much "misunderstanding" evident about the nature of what they're briefing themselves on, it's a fair question to ask if law enforcement is truly interested in learning first-hand about the subject of their brief? Or does it serve their purpose to stick with SPLC talking points in order to justify potential future actions with the media?
    Vanderboegh's not going to give them that out, at least not to where anyone capable of basic fact-checking can conclude anything other than the forces directing domestic "lawfare" are deliberately avoiding learning--and then disseminating--the truth. So he's made an offer on his Sipsey Street Irregulars blog that no honest officer of the law could refuse:
    I would be happy to venture out amongst the clueless heathen in our newly-federalized system of political police spying (aka "fusion centers" and "joint task forces") and give an in-service to KCTEW or any other law enforcement group who would like a direct briefing on the constitutional militia movement and the Three Percent concept straight, as they say, "from the horse's mouth.".​
    For free. Such a deal!
    Click here to read his entire proposal.
    Will they take him up on it?
    I don't think there's a chance in hell. I pray I'm flat-out wrong.
    So if it's a moot point, why report on it?
    It's important to recall that David Koresh offered to speak with the government, too, before their murderous raid, which a peaceable conversation could have preempted entirely. They refused.
    It's evident Vanderboegh is being focused on. It's imperative we--that means you too--do not let that happen in the darkness.
    If you agree, please share the links to his offer and to this column far and wide, via email lists, on blogs and forums, and why not even with the "mainstream press," so the "Authorized Journalists" can't claim plausible deniability if the time comes when they would prefer to parrot the "official" line?

5. islenos

islenos Active Member

I work for a Fusion Center and I'm watching ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

After reading the report. I wonder what it means.
    I wonder if privacy, governance and justice means the same thing in this report that it means to you and I.

Will the training provided in the program amount to Re-education?

How will the Fusion centers interact with the Border sheriffs and will they even be able to get the requisite SECRET clearance from the FBI especially in this administration?

What kind of accountability is there for actions of the FUSION Centers. Looks like a 2 edged sword to me. Who can we turn to for redress of grievances Somehow I don't think a call to your councilman will do much good.
    Maybe I am getting paranoid but there is something deeply disturbing about this when it should be reassuring.

Any thoughts? What do you think? Jack, Marlin? Anyone?

7. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    The real problem isn't that Big Brother's watching, but that he's recording everything in very well indexed databases. So that, ten years from now, when you become persona non grata, they'll be able to put a bunch of stuff you said together in order to "get" you. If you know anything about how the cops do "signed written confessions", you'll get the drift. They'll interview the "suspect" for about four hours, write a list of specific statements he made during that time in the most damning order possible, ask him if he really said those things, statement by statement, and then get him to sign the "confession". But each of the statements will have been taken out of context and reordered in order to secure a conviction (it usually works, even if only to coerce a plea deal).

8. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Is Big Brother watching, yes, for as long as this country was declared a country (or before then). Do I really care? No.

9. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

As I see it, we have two options.

1 - Try to stay below the radar.
    2 - Overload them with more info than they will be able to process.

10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I'll go with option# 2.;)

11. islenos

islenos Active Member

When I joined the Marine Corps my finger prints were taken and placed in the FBI Database along with a complete file on me.

Finger prints are also in the BATF database after applying for C&R FFL

When the VA lost a laptop a few years ago and were worrying about sensitive information being stolen, the VA sent me a letter although the VA could not have possibly know where I was. Seems they used tax returns to find me.

Point is, they already know everything about everybody so when they want you, they'll know right where to go.

12. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

When you have huge Data Centers like Lexus Nexus and others like it, every time you make a purchase with a Credit Card that info goes into a computer. Here is what goes into it, Location, What was purchased, How much, Address on the card, Phone number associated with the card, Social Securiety Number. That happens each time you use your card. Now that aint just limited to Credit cards though it is also the same with a Debit card. Now there are ways that you can lower your footprint so to speak. See each of your Bills place you in the system too. However if most of you trasactions are in cash then your foot print gets smaller.

Let me break this down for you. For instance, We pay our bills with cash. Reason beeing is this, Granted each bill has our address attached to it. BUT Unlike a credit card or debit card of even paper check there is no foot print to fallow. So its like this.

We cash our checks and deposit what we want into our saveings. Foot print results, only the amout that the check was for and what was deposited, address that is attached to account.

Cell Phone, Pre paid Cell phone. Each time we place minutes on the phone it is in store and with cash. Pre paid cell phones purchased at wall mart or other locations Require a called in activation. Fake name fake address = No foot print. Cash trans action = No foot print.

Its things like this that one can do to kinda float big brother. Take my brother for instance. He exists on paper by his Drivers license and Social Securiety card only. His car is not in his name, the owner of the car has added him to the policy. His Cell phone is pre paid under a false name and address. His pay checks are cashed at a third party vender and never deposited in an accont. His foot print to big big brother is very small.

The only true way to disapear is to drop the ID, Drop the bank accounts, Have a free source of income that is not taxed.

13. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Big Brother has been watching us for so long that it no longer matters. The only thing I care about is that these folks are mostly defying the laws of this land, and our rights to privacy. Disapearing off the radar isn't an easy thing to do. You can not own land, a house, a car, a phone, or just about anything. You must always be on the move, and you must always hide your face, you never know when a simple camera on a street corner, or lookin out over a Wal Mart parking lot will pick you up. If you need money, you will have to do manual labor for cash under the table, constantaly changing your name, and be very carefull where you spend it, and never stay in one place for any longer than you have to. That means that if you sleep under a bridge tonight, don't sleep there again for a long time.

14. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

It's getting to the point where if you are off the screen for any length of time they will notice the absence.

15. Marlin T

I know that Big Brother has been looking for quite some time but I find it disturbing that if I go to a local Tea Party meeting my license plates are going to be logged and or maybe the whole meeting is going to be video taped.

I am going to be logged if I have 'those' kinds of bumper stickers on my truck, or if I'm a returning vet. My name surely could be logged when I fill out the forms to buy a firearm.

The thing that I find the most disturbing about the time line of our Marxist POTUS, is that he is setting up a system just like Hitler did.

If I publicly state something that isn't PC, are the “police” going to target me?

What is going to happen when Obomba's Civilian Police Force is operating from these Fusion Centers?
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=83047 Who are these 'police' going to be? Maybe those job offers for mandatory public service will be these jobs. Kind of like a nark off your neighbor program.

These centers all in themselves aren't a big deal I guess but in the overall picture of things with our marxist POTUS, things are looking really bad for America. Obomba wasn't joking when he said that he was going to fundamentally change our country.