Is it beginning to hit the fan?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Lori Mick, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
    Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 12, 2009
    9:40 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the report goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Are you ready for a second Declaration of Independence? Sign the petition promoting true freedom once again!

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

It adds that "growth in these groups subsided in reaction to increased government scrutiny as a result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and disrupted plots, improvements in the economy and the continued U.S. standing as the pre-eminent world power."

"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government," the report continues. "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."

Most notable is the report's focus on the impact of returning war veterans.

"Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists," it says. "DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities."

The report cites the April 4 shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh as an example of what may be coming, claiming the alleged gunman holds a racist ideology and believes in anti-government conspiracy theories about gun confiscations, citizen detention camps and "a Jewish-controlled 'one-world government.'"

It also suggests the election of an African-American president and the prospect of his policy changes "are proving to be a driving force for right-wing extremist recruitment and radicalization."

The report also mentions "'end times' prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons. These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist individuals and groups in the past, such as the violent Christian Identity organizations and extremist members of the militia movement."

"DHS/I&A assesses that right-wing extremist groups' frustration over a perceived lack of government action on illegal immigration has the potential to incite individuals or small groups toward violence," the report continues.

The report states the DHS will be working with state and local partners over the next several months to determine the levels of right-wing extremist activity in the U.S.

Last month, the chief of the Missouri highway patrol blasted a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism, assuring that such reports no longer will be issued. The report had been compiled with the assistance of DHS.

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes.

Chief James Keathley of the Missouri State Patrol issued a statement that the release of the report, which outraged conservatives nationwide, prompted him to "take a hard look" at the procedures through which the report was released by the MIAC.

"My review of the procedures used by the MIAC in the three years since its inception indicates that the mechanism in place for oversight of reports needs improvement," he wrote. "Until two weeks ago, the process for release of reports from the MIAC to law enforcement officers around the state required no review by leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol or the Department of Public Safety."

"For that reason, I have ordered the MIAC to permanently cease distribution of the militia report," he said. "Further, I am creating a new process for oversight of reports drafted by the MIAC that will require leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Department of Public Safety to review the content of these reports before they are shared with law enforcement. My office will also undertake a review of the origin of the report by MIAC."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94803

2. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

So sad. Nowadays you're a right wing maniac if you value our system of laws and believe in the constitution, let alone having risked giving all in her defense. :(:(

3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I just can't believe that they're targeting our vets too! The government asks you all to defend the constitution and now they consider you homeland troublemakers?

They are doing a damn good job in dividing the country.... it's on their agenda....

so very sad indeed.... :(:(

4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Lori I never really thought I would actually believe that we would ever have to worry about them coming for us in the night but it is surely begining to look like it it could happen sooner than later. Those in power are now starting to challenge our patriotism in an overt campaign to further tighten their grip on power. I am not certain that this trend will be reversed in the mid-terms or the next presidntial elections. It is time for everyone that loves this country to become genuinely concerned.

Jeff

5. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

I never thought I would see our veterans disgraced in a more evil manner than our Vietnam veterans were. The Obamma administration is sure going to try though.

6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Saying that returning vets are "right-wing extremists"?! I"m so angry right now I can't say anything. I also just love how they say that anyone buying guns and/or ammo is a right-wing extremist. Well, all I can say is f*** DHS. F*** Obama. F*** Holder. F*** Hilliary. F*** 'em all!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I totally agree! I remember those days as I was a member of our Vets Club in College. I hated the way they were treated back then and it wasn't until Rambo came out that ya'll started to get some respect.

And then I'll never forget the Bud Commercial in the 90's with the boys coming home from the gulf war and getting cheered at the airport. It was so different and so uplifting!

Now....what the heck(using a nice word) is going on!???? I just can't believe this chit!
    ugh

8. obxned

obxned Active Member

Every Christian, every LEO, every conservative, and every returning vet I know strongly supports the legitimate government of our Republic: the Constitutional government "of the people, by the people, and for the people".

We don't know where that government has gone, but the government in Washington is not it.

9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Basically what they are saying is that a patriot is an extremist. Pathetic. They don't even want to know how freakin extreme I feel right now.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I have no intention of joining a militia of any type. Times simply aren't bad enough for the average Joe to run out and start paramilitary training (at least I hope not).

With that said, I told people right after the election that we would see a resurgence in the so-called 'militia movement' that happened during the latter Clinton years. I saw one report that there were nearly 1000 known militias in the US in the latter '90s and it dwindled to around 100 or so after the first few years of the Bush administration. I hope everyone can keep civil and only resort to peaceful protesting but as this nutcase in PA proved, everyone doesn't value peacefully voicing their opposition.

11. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

These thing keep happening but i still hear consevatives saying"but he's still my president he was legally elected by the people" He is not and never will be my president.He stole the office by decieving the people and rigging the election with acorn and questionable campaign donations.

12. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Ponycar, I generally agree with just about everything you post but I'd like to ask you just how bad things have to get before it is time to start being prepared to resist tyranny?

13. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

I think if most of us were honest it would probably be this.

Destruction_in_a_Berlin_street.jpg

14. doug66

doug66 Member

I'm too old to shave my head and run all over the country side. I'll leave all search and destroy missions to you 20 somethings.
    I have a home to protect, but if trouble comes to my street, I'm going to try to do the right thing for myself and my neighbors. Things are still OK in my little corner of the world. Just be prepared.

15. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Well, I didn't say it wasn't time to prepare yourself or family, just that the time for organized paramilitary training is not here yet for me. If it's your choice to do so I wouldn't blame you. ;)