The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dick's Sporting Goods has decided that guns are evil. It has pulled all guns from its store shelves in the CT area and it may stop selling so-called assault weapons in all of its stores.

The management of Dicks' Sporting Goods believes that you should not own guns.

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

·
Premium Member
21,004 Posts
Dick's Sporting Goods has decided that guns are evil. It has pulled all guns from its store shelves in the CT area and it may stop selling so-called assault weapons in all of its stores.

The management of Dicks' Sporting Goods believes that you should not own guns.

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.
Are you sure on this? I just went to there website and they have all kinds of guns listed.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I haven't ever bought anything firearms related at Dicks. Their prices are riDICKulous. I take my business elsewhere to smaller local gun shops. Beside that, the guy/guys behind the counter at the one near me are absolute jackwagons.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They just said on the news they have pulled semi-auto rifles. No specifics of which ones. Their selection is so limited anyhow. This has nothing to do with guns, this is a marketing ploy that will get people into their "anti-assault rifle" stores".

·
Super Moderator
30,468 Posts
I don't shop much at Dicks but just got a sale flyer that had firearms listed.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
They just said on the news they have pulled semi-auto rifles. No specifics of which ones. Their selection is so limited anyhow. This has nothing to do with guns, this is a marketing ploy that will get people into their "anti-assault rifle" stores".
our local store only has long guns.. but generally has competitive prices with the larger gun shops and way better than gander.

the last safe I bought was at dicks as well.. beat the competition by a couple hundred at least.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Never been to one, not likely to ever shop at one either. I buy most things on-line and ammo I buy from our local shops for the most part.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have not bought much at Dick's. Their prices are nearly double compared to Walmart on ammo. If I can't find something locally I may look at Dicks to see if they have it, but their prices usually scare me off.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Never been in one cuz' I don't have one near-by .... and, it sounds like I won't be looking for one in the future .

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I'm pretty much done boycotting stores like that, they are all a bunch of mega-corporate panty waste scared-of-their-own shadow pussies who couldn't dare allow any lawsuit of any kind.

the autozone worker who was fired because he used his gun to save a life, or the pizza guy who was just demoted for having an 'assault' tent pole violating company policy of no weapons... they're all just scaredy cats of lawsuits and it makes me sick. If they're that scared of being sued for a 'gun accident' or whatever, then make the employee sign a release of liability waiver and allow them to have their gun/weapon whatever.

I would not every buy a gun from them anyway either. Only thing I've bought from them was a bunch of weights for the home gym and my mountain bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It sounds like another store for the political correct liberal just like walmart in my town. In October I stopped in Dick's for the first time and bought a Leupold VX3-6.5-20 varminter for $394, on a close out sale. They keep sending me $10 & $20 coupons, I use these to get their high priced ammo cheaper than other stores. Actually I'm surprised they are still in business, the prices are high and the parking lot is empty. The only semi's I have seen in Dick's are AR type .22 rimfire.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts