The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a lost cause. My wife thinks that I an a hoarder and she is overwhelmed by my obsession. I admit that it has gotten worse over the years as time goes by things do pile up. Is it junk if it not actual trash? I just cannot help myself. I am constantly on the prowl for another gun to add to my mausoleum! Sometimes I just sit on the floor in my "toy box" like a kind in a big sand box. I fondle my toys and relish in the history I am holding, wising that it could talk. I understand it's place in time and it's importance to those days, I am never really lonely with them and the books about them. I like to share but outside of me, who cares. I have very few close friends that have the time or share my passions. With this politically enforced pandemic keeping people away from each other. I am here cleaning and studying many of these. taking new photos and sorting by category of years, manufacturers, place and time of use. Muskets and Rifles. Carbines and Shotguns. Military or Civilian. The to the handgun drawers and cabinets to do the same with Flintlocks, percussion or Cartridge and Deringers, Revolvers, Pepperboxes and oddities. Then by manufacturer, US or foreign ( don't have many foreigners) again by maker Remington, Colt, Smith & Wesson and the lesser known makers too. The sorting goes on. And I end up just where and how to store them? I just do not know how to handle all of this fun and merriment I just cannot quit.... I really don't want to!
Here is a glimpse into my world of madness!! What would you like to see???
Some family group photos of the Dungeon. ENJOY!
Yep they call me "Mad John" Actually I am not at all angry or Mad.... I am just not quite Right!
Can only do 10 pictures.... sorry there are so many more!
Pistol-Cabinet-1-a.jpg
Pistol-Cabinet-1.-A-2-aa.jpg
DSC_0502.JPG
Long gun Cabinet B.jpg
DSC print c.jpg
DSC print d.jpg
DSC print e.jpg
DSC_0349-down.jpg
DSC_0350-down.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice collection. Like the win. 52 and 2 win 73s.
Thanks!
I sometimes just get carried away. I love model 73 Winchesters. I just finally found a 95 that I have been after for awhile. I wanted one in .30-06 but most are in various calibers. 06 just seems to be elusive in high grade, 95% or better has a premium too. I have just taken pics for my inventory and insurance. Better than money in the bank!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,264 Posts
Have you shot your 52 much? I have the B model but not with a scope. Has a nice lyman 48F aperture receiver sight on it. It's a great shooter but always wondered what it do with a vintage scope on it.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you shot your 52 much? I have the B model but not with a scope. Has a nice lyman 48F aperture receiver sight on it. It's a great shooter but always wondered what it do with a vintage scope on it.
Yes the Win model 52 is a great rifle and with standard sights compares to many of the best. The scope I have on it is a vintage Unertl Bv 20 external adjustment and it makes the 52 an absolute tack driver!
I love the older external adjustment scopes and have several in my collection. Various Unertl models, Lyman Target Spot and Super Target Spot scopes but only two Carl Zeiss external scopes. Zeiss scopes are in a class all by themselves and so are the prices.
All I can say is get one and try it

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, I'm an online psychologist and I'm here to help.
Donate all your guns except a couple home defense weapons to
Brian Nelson
Dayton, MT.
Wow! You are such a sport! BUT... I do not deal with a mere psychologist. I am under therapy with a professional Psychiatrist (MD) He does understand my obsessive- compulsive disorder AND encourages it! Has for years too because my obsession HAS a purpose and direction.
Thank You for the Kind and Compassionate offer.... was worthy of a hearty "laugh out loud" moment!

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,246 Posts
I pity your executor; it's going to take a very long time to appraise that collection! If you don't have one, I'll be happy to serve. :giggle:

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Did you intend to keep us in the dark as to the contents of the second drawer?

The M1A and the 1911's do it for me... Rawr....

I'd like to know more about the AR. Caliber and barrel manufacturer? Pretty sure I have that exact optic setup.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts