The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just as bad as regular steel cases like Wolf and Tula?

Going shooting this weekend, but all stores are pretty scare... just wondering if I should get this if I can't find anything else.

Also, it pisses me off that some people have thousands and thousands of rounds of ammunition stockpiled that they will never ever use. Yet, here I am scrounging around looking for a few more boxes to have fun with my buddies this weekend. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
The only way you can find out is to shoot a few rounds then clean your gun and see if you get additional crap in your barrel. There will be no harm with shooting it, the only question is what residue it will leave. Zinc is a soft metal - like aluminium and lead. So, clean and check.

Zinc is also very poisonous to the body as a projectile.

My recommendation is buy, buy, buy all that they have available and as much as you can afford.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
At this point, if your rifle shoots well with it and cycles, it's fine.
Please do be aware that the people with stock piles of ammo have invested a lot of money that they may or may not have had in order to get the stock on hand. Look at investing in reloading equipment or finding someone to reload for you or buy a bunch when you can find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts