Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Ishapore SMLE #1 Mk III

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith Guest

runabout199
    (3/10/02 3:59:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1955 #2a isphore#1mkIII
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    whats this thing worth i paid 60.00 for it a long time ago its in excellent cond. with all #'s matching no bayonet though wish i had one {hint/hint}

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/10/02 9:55:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1955 #2a isphore#1mkIII
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Navy Arms is currently selling the Ishapore No. 1 Mk III 2A rifles, factory reconditioned, for around $130. Now these rifles look nice - the metal and wood totally redone, and the bolts have been matt chromed. I would imagine an original condition rifle, excellent condition, would be around that same dollar value.

The date of your rifle intrigues me - most of the Ishapore 2As were made in the 1960s. Are you sure it is a 1955 date? The ones I have examined range from 1962 to 1968.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

runabout199
    (3/11/02 1:27:23 am)
    positive the markings on the trigger gaurd says 1955

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/11/02 9:53:04 pm)
    Trigger guard? The only dates I have ever seen is on the right side of the receiver band, right under the bolt handle with the Ishapore name and the rifle model number.