The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really hoping someone here can help me out. I had cleaned 100 rds of .223 brass tonight. When I ran them through the size/de-primer station this is what they came out looking like (look at the top of the neck). I thought maybe my die was dirty so I cleaned it, then ran another piece of brass through it but got the same result. Can anyone tell me why they are looking like this and if they are still safe to use. This lot of brass is once fired PMC. The last batch of brass that I did look fine. Sorry this picture is so large.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
your die isnt set right. screw it into the press witht he ram and shellholder all the way up. Screw the die in til it touches the shell holder then lower the ram and turn it in another 1/4 turn.

youre only sizing the top 1/8" of neck because the die is screwed too far out.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
Evins74s:

Also re-read the instruction that came with the dies. JLA's instructions are spot on for the adjustment but check the die instructions anyway. There may be other info in there that you missed.

If you have the dies set up correctly then measure the brass you have to determine if it is the correct length, though, it is hard to believe it would be that short.

LDBennett

G

·
1. remove die from press.
2. Run press ram all the way to the top of the stroke.
3. Screw the die down till it touched the press ram.
4. Back the die off 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
5. Set lock ring.
6. Size some brass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.