The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
8,994 Posts
That is a pretty gun!!
Yes it is. Too bad the ones I was issued in the Army never looked like that, rattled like a baby's rattler but they all shot without issues and got the job done.

Reactions: ysacres and ScottCC

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes it is. Too bad the ones I was issued in the Army never looked like that, rattled like a baby's rattler but they all shot without issues and got the job done.
Mine has a bit of rattle, but not nearly as much as the originals. I bought this one back in 2009 in was part of O1918 series. I’ve shot at least 250 rounds with it, so it doesn’t get out much. I allow my veteran uncles to shoot it, on the rare occasions one wants to go to the range with me.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
I am not mechanically inclined! I took one that far apart, ONCE, never again.
I went thru Instructor School during NCOCS and had my people take the old 1911A1s all the way apart and re-assemble them when it was my turn to instruct a class. We all had to pick our own topics for Instructor Qualification and I can't recall what the other guys did. In about an hour I had them being able to do it, even though most (if any) had never handled a .45 before... That was more than 50 years ago, so it would take me longer to do it now.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Hah! I used too! 😉
Now I just fly em😂🤣
A friend of mine had three airplanes once. A J2 Cub, 172, and Bellanca. Lost them in a nasty divorce. Never flew with him. Saw him crash to many of his RC airplanes when he was into those before he got his pilots license.

No thread drift intention.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts