It is all about the oil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/26/02 11:47:35 am)
    It is all about the oil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the big l would the research for go on and would stop so , we would not are in. We no in and trying un the ment.

with , we have the for and then heck of good.

The has in these . The of the us and not our . I want to
    Edited by: warpig883 at: 1/20/03 10:01:40 am

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 12:51:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: It is all about the oil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You been smokin' crack again, WP?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 2:05:48 pm)
    Reply Re:
    I agree with WP 100%--THIS WAR, IT'S ALL ABOUT OIL, and I'll go a step further:

The worst thing that that has EVER happened to Freedom and Liberty in this country is Mr. (sic) Bush's "war on terror". Terrorism ain't nothing but an excuse that our government is using as a lever to centralize enormous and virtually limitless power into the hands of "those in control".

Mark my words, we will ALL (yeah, you too) rue the day that this new "department of homeland defense" was created. Folks, ya'll ain't got no idea a'tall what a monster this SOB is nor how bad things will eventually become because of the power and control that it gives to "THE PARTY IN POWER" (it don't matter which--dems & repubs are the same critter in a different pair o' britches) over the lives of all Americans.

But you will realize it, yes you will, and it ain't far off, neither.

You think that YOUR GUNS are gonna protect YOU from the federal monster WE have created? Tell that to Saddam. He has far more in the way of weaponry than YOU will ever have, and "THEY" are fixin' to clean his plow.

Folks, the Revolutionary War was fought over much less...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/26/02 2:14:04 pm)
    Re: Re:
    NeoDebo - America will not be allowed to clean his "plow". Politics will get involved and it'll end up another damn mess like before - nothing really will happen.

But yes I am concerned about the "War on Terrorism" here at home - and the "Homland Security" - which another bill just passed through Congress.

Just a matter of time - so enjoy them while you got 'em.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/26/02 2:37:06 pm)
    This whole homeland Defense/theft of freedom thing has me about half mad.

But on the other hand, in light of the 9-11 attacks what should the administration do? Just sit back?

I think they should bring ALL troops home and use them to defend the USA.

Someone attacks us, Strike SWIFT AND HARD. There should be no doubt that if a group attacks the USA then they will be wiped out at a HUGE level immediatetly. I don't care if it takes out civilians. As someone who has lived overseas, I can vouch for the fact that most of the innocent civilians hate the USA anyway. A terrorist will think twice about attacking for his cause if he knows his ENTIRE cause and reason for fighting will be OBLITERATED.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 2:55:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Re:
    ND, I totally agree with you about the Homeland Defense BS. I'm not arguing that point.

But I disagree with the idea that we should be isolationists and ignore the rest of the world until they attack us. That's what happened on 9/11. We ignored certain parts of the world until they attacked us. Do we want to go through that again? Hell no. Like it or not, we have to take a proactive step in ridding the world of this type of behavior. It's our duty as the only remaining superpower. If we ignore this duty, we will not remain a superpower for very much longer. We will turn into another sniveling country, much like the Europeans.

Let's try an analogy.... Your house is America. Your front and back yards are full of anthills. One night, some ants come in and swarm all over you and bite you. It hurts like hell. You know these particular ants came from a certain anthill next to your back door. So you kill that mound. Now what are you going to do next? Wait until another bunch of ants comes in too? Hell no! You go and kill them all. And you stay on top of the ant problem. It takes time and money, but it'll keep you from getting bitten again in the middle of the night.

It's a simple analogy, I know. And someone will no doubt find a flaw. But you get my point. We tried isolationism before, and it didn't work. We will continue to be a target because we are successful. Either we give up our successes or we stand up like men and take care of our aggressors. If it costs lives, so be it. If it costs money, so be it. It's the right thing to do for all of humankind.

I'm not saying we owe any other countries our money or time. But with our own interests in mind, we gotta do what we gotta do. And so what if it's about oil? We rid the world of one more evil man and secure our future oil in the process. It's a win-win situation. Think "long-term".....

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 3:03:27 pm)
    Oh and one more thing, about suppressing the new technologies that would replace petroleum products. I agree that we should start phasing in new technologies. But if you flooded the market with alternative fuels and energy sources, the worldwide economy would collapse on itself in a BIG way. Think about how much of the world relies on US dollars to buy their oil or petroleum-related services. In the process of saving yourself a few bucks at the gas pump, you would be literally bankrupting half the world. Oil is a big, big deal.

Without a doubt, we need to get rid of oil-burning technology. But not overnight. By destroying foreign economies, we would we hurting ourselves. I don't like the fact that we have to hang on to oil technology, but really what else can we do? I honestly believe that abandoning the rest of the world's oil market would start WWIII.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/26/02 3:10:22 pm)
    I have soldiers in my back yard armed with flame throwers and nukes just waiting for the ants to make a move in my world

I am saying we should fortify and protect our borders a zillion times more than they are now.

Illegal Aliens???? The term would not exist.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 3:20:41 pm)
    I agree. We need to fortify our borders so that not even a freakin' bird can cross. It's awful scary to think how many future terrorists have already come across our porous border with Mexico. But yet, instead of sealing it tight, we offer incentives for them. You know, the old "if they manage to sneak across our border and work here for a year or two, we'll just make them citizens" routine. And now some are even suing because their relatives died of thirst while sneaking into our country. As if we should be putting up snow-cone stands in the middle of the desert for ILLEGAL aliens. I stress the word ILLEGAL.

So, yeah, let's fortify our borders. But not at the expense of the bigger picture. I have an idea though. Let's take the BATF agents who are currently serving no useful purpose other than to harrass lawful citizens, and make them stand sentry on the border.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/26/02 3:25:32 pm)
    someone just sent me a good illegal alien/welfare poem in the email. I think I deleted it though

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 3:49:22 pm)
    It's probably the same one as Yabra Kadabra Doo posted in General Discussion, titled "illegal alien".

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 4:11:26 pm)
    Reply help
    quote:

The countries of the world hate us and do not want our help. I don't think there should be a US soldier based outside our borders. If the countries of the world want to kill each other off then that is fine with me. We should let them.

This is certainly a popular point of view and is supported by the constitution.

Do you think that our involvement in ww1 or ww2 was a mistake? (we could have defended ourselves against Japan and not gotten involved on the Western front) or Korea...or Viet Nam?

Would we let Russia conquer and destroy Canada? Would we let China conquer and destroy Mexico?

Do you think there is a built in universalism in some of our founding documents and pledges: "with liberty and justice for all;" "All men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights..."

Just curious

I think it's time to circle the wagons as well. Interestingly, most seemed to criticize the administration's attempt to do this through a homeland security act. As I understood it, the hsa was initially supposed to address borders and ports and cooperation between departments.

quote:

Someone attacks us, Strike SWIFT AND HARD. There should be no doubt that if a group attacks the USA then they will be wiped out at a HUGE level immediatetly. I don't care if it takes out civilians. As someone who has lived overseas, I can vouch for the fact that most of the innocent civilians hate the USA anyway.

Why should we wait for our own people to be killed if we know someone wants to attack and kill us? Is that constitutional?

It seems like we did strike swift and hard in Afganistan...I'd say we took them out in a big way and put in a new gov't asap and we're still looking for Ben Land-rover.

Ouch, I hope we don't justify taking out innocent civilians because they hate us...

Chas

Edited by: Chas at: 11/26/02 4:56:06 pm

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 8:58:23 am)
    Reply Re: It is all about the oil
    Arggh.....not another frappin POLITICAL DIATRIBE!!!! Cmon guys, we need more emoticons! Relaxation thing, y'now...

Edited by: hammer4nc at: 1/20/03 7:21:12 am

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 9:17:51 am)
    Theodore Roosevelt said " Speak softly and Carry a Big Stick."
    He wasn't shy about sending in troops when it served its purpose either.

I agree about the soldiers overseas coming home...I don't want us to be the worlds policeman either.
    That being said...it is easiest to negotiate from a position of strength. If a bug like Saddam needs crushed...do it and come home. Don't send a boy to do a man's job. Go balls to the wall, innocent civilians lose out anyway. All these overseas knobheads hate us anyway...until its time to get a green card or someone else is threatening them. Then it is time for Uncle Sugar to come to the rescue.

The whole situation is frustrating. swede
    Wyoming Swede

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 10:27:46 am)
    You guys should have gone to Washington D,C, in
    support of the anti war march and rally this weekend.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

www.gcnlive.com

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 10:39:00 am)
    Re: hammer4nc

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 10:43:36 am)
    Reply Re: hammer4nc
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.