The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine pulled into his ex wife’s gravel driveway, while she was on the front porch, and ask if he could have his pistol back. She went in the house and came back with the 1911 and threw it 20’ on to the gravel which bent the front sight and tore out a chunk of metal on the rear of the sight.

He brought the pistol to me and ask if I could fix the sight ,,,,,,,,, a little TIG work and judicious tapping and blackening of the sight,,,,,,, voila, good as new. I ask him how it shot and he said the trigger pull was feeling a little gritty. And he ask me if I would clean it. He has carried in his truck glove compartment for years and in the mountains when guiding elk/deer hunters. The below is what I found ,,,,,,,

Wood Font Close-up Art Artifact

View attachment 258378 View attachment 258378

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill? Thought that might be you! Good to see you here my friend!
Thank you, TRAP ,,,,,,,,

Hello my Friend.

Welcome.
Ken, thanks ,,,,,,, was not aware you were here.

Good to see you here, 'Crumudgeon'!
There's a lot to be learned from this fella folks. His knowledge of the 1911 is mind boggling.
“His knowledge of the 1911 is mind boggling.”

Now you’ve done it ,,,,,,,,,, with accolades like that I won’t be able to fit my head into a 5 gallon bucket !! ;) Thank you ,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You are a VERY Welcome addition here Sir. Their loss, is our gain.

Post a thread in the Introduction Forum, if you feel so inclined. You may be surprised at the Welcome you will get.

Glad you are here. 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts