1. Film495

Film495 Well-Known Member

I dry fire practice with snap caps once in a while, because I'm a relatively inexperienced shooter - and it seems like a good way to stay and/or get familiar with any firearms I may decide to take to the range - also, heard it helps keep from developing an involuntary flinch which can be hard to get rid of. Saw this - never heard of it before, though it was interesting - no idea if it works ..

might just be a gimmick, might be awesome - no idea - thoughts on it?

https://loveandbluesblog.com/itarget-review/

carver likes this.
  2. Shanghai

Shanghai Well-Known Member

I'm a great believer in dry firing. Arguably, dry firing is better than actually shooting when it comes to deciding whether or not one has a problem. When I'm having a bad day at the range, I switch to dry firing. Not only do I save a lot of ammo, I diagnose problems quickly.

In Marine Corp boot camp(100 years ago for me) recruits only dry fired for a whole week before moving to the hot range. Once on the hot range, there were very few who shot like beginners.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

3. Film495

Film495 Well-Known Member

Dry firing I'm starting to figure out how adjusting my grip a little here and there holds a sight picture better, really much better.

Shanghai and carver like this.
  4. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Another fan of dry firing. Try drawing your concealed carry gun, and dryfiring at close range. You can do this in your yard, or in your living room, but not at the public range.