Ithaca/SKB Shotguns

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/14/02 2:53:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Ithaca shotgun help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Having no literature on Ithaca and not finding anything on the web I am wondering if anyone here can tell me about the semi-auto shotguns that SKB made for Ithaca.

I am interested in the model that is gas operated and has the adjusting screw in the front of the forearm for the gas system and screw in chokes.

I know they made a model 51 and a model 87 but do not know if one of these is the shotgun I am looking for.

What model (s) were they?
    When were they made?
    Thanks
    Edited by: warpig883 at: 8/14/02 4:10:22 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/14/02 4:09:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ithaca shotgun help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Ithaca/SKB shotguns were the XL300 and the XL900. Ithaca importation stopped before 1980. I dont specifically recall either of these with screw-in chokes, but I may be wrong.

The Model 51 is all Ithaca (discontinued mid-80's), and the Model 87 is a pump (early 90's).

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/14/02 10:57:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I shot one and loved the gas system that was adjusted with a trun of a screw to adjust for light and heavy shells.

If I remember right the screw in chokes were interchangeable with the Browning Invector and Winchester and Mossberg.

Thanks for the model numbers, I have a starting point now.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/14/02 11:10:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Just did a google search with those model numbers and I found a list of the gas operated shotguns made by SKB. they are
    Models XL300, XL900, 1300, 1900, and 3000 now if I can just find a description of these models. I really need to buy some gun books.