The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deer Stalker
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my first Cannon 5ST downrigger with swivel mount on our 20 ft Hewescraft fishing boat. Time to slay Lake Trout on Sunday! We hired a guide last summer and I took meticulous notes and pictures.

The hardest part was spiraling the line to the terminal connecter....those that have done this know what I mean but the instructions were clear and complete even though I had to read them 10 times to make sure I did it right.

Beautiful windy day on the flathead! Supposed to be NO wind on Sunday.
Sky Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Cloud

Cloud Sky Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
385 Posts
My son in law and myself went down to the Pamlico Sound here in NC . Fished for spotted sea trout . Caught several about a foot long ,too small to keep . Son in law caught a striped bass about 24 inches long . Had to throw it back . No open season on them . Even if we didn't catch much it was a great day on the water.
I know you had fun ,nice boat by the way

·
Super Moderator
46,420 Posts
My son is an electrician for a big electric company here in Athens. His boss took all of his supervisors/foremen fishing to some lake up in Tennessee this past weekend. On Monday, he brought his mama what fish they did not cook and eat over the weekend. I am not a huge lover of fish, but the fresh (on ice) fish were pretty good.
Seafood Ingredient Fish Recipe Cuisine
Food Tableware Ingredient Staple food Recipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts