The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Praying for the both of you and thanks for the updates . The few people I know who had it some said they didn't feel sick at all and the others said was like a case of the crud but not horrible . Praying yours doesn't get any worse then what your dealing with know . Take care brother .

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Day 3: woke up this morning with tightness in my chest and freaked out for a second. Moments later and I burped really loud haha tightness was just gas. Nothing really to add, not really lethargic today still no fever or cough. No headache today either. Let's hope it continues to be this way! Again, thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. It means a lot to my wife and I. My wife still feels like crap, but hasn't gotten any worse, she said it comes in waves for her.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to hear of your trouble.

I recommend Scotch and/or Hydroxychloroquine. If you are temperant, you may wish to imbibe of pharmaco-temperates.

But it's been my experience that 12-year-old single malts make DANDY general protoplasmic disinfectants.

Best of luck and prayers.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
If you can't get hydroxychloroquine, tonic water contains quinine, the anti malaria drug hydroxy was created to replicate. Might not help, but gin and tonic can't hurt. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unfortunately, the quinine content in U.S. Tonic water is so low as to be clinically negligible. Additionally, there's next to no evidence that quinine itself is active against COVID-19. CHLORO-quine, and it's more user-friendly derivative, HYDROXY-chloroquine, are the 2 derivatives most aggressively tested. Other antimalarials, particularly the ones which work by different mechanisms, may have no efficacy against COVID.
But if one needs a reason to drink G&Ts for the duration, okay. It COULD work...

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
Thanks for the update. Still praying for you and your wife.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Type1? I'm diabetic but don't know if I'm type 1 or 2. Take an insulin shot every night and meds morning and night.
Rype 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that attacks the insulin producing T cells, meaning they cannot produce insulin at all. My wife is on an insulin pump that gives her insulin 24/7. Without that, she would die.

Type 2 can be genetics or due to a poor diet and obesity. Type 2 folks are insulin resistant. This means their body still produces insulin, but not enough due to their resistance to insulin. They don't need a constant supply of insulin, just enough to level them out if they are high.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Rype 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that attacks the insulin producing T cells, meaning they cannot produce insulin at all. My wife is on an insulin pump that gives her insulin 24/7. Without that, she would die.

Type 2 can be genetics or due to a poor diet and obesity. Type 2 folks are insulin resistant. This means their body still produces insulin, but not enough due to their resistance to insulin. They don't need a constant supply of insulin, just enough to level them out if they are high.
My gramma was Type 2 i believe, No finer woman did i ever meet. (dangit tears) she did her blood tests and and then took an insulin shot accordingly she ended up having to have one of her legs amputated just below the knee in her late 60s. I test pre- diabetic every time they do blood work at the doctor. Im always just under that border by a point or 2.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
Praying God will pull you through this.

How's your wife doing?

21 - 40 of 86 Posts