The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,943 Posts
Good Morning All...With the current developments with our esteemed POTUS kind of
absorbing all the spotlighted attention, it was indeed humbling to be able to read all
these posts. The wifes church organization spends a lot of time checking on one
another...offering advice and counsel along with the prayers to one another..making
and passing out the face-masks they are crafting in their homes...someone feeling
out-of-sorts about anything, making food/meals for them and leaving the things on
the doorsteps for each other... Following the suspect infection with the Grandson Travis
early in the plagues beginning, we know of no one who has had any problem since.
No church gatherings, even moderations to usual sized groups, are being permitted.
Lots of channels on TV seem to be accommodating the faith...Prayers and well wishes
extended to all.....I hope this posts ...sure miss the visiting I used to do so much on
here...the passing days seem like meals missed without the practice of visits..Chief

·
GUNZILLA
6,238 Posts
Times like these try not to be strong but smart, continue to get rest, body heals faster when rested. Prayers to you and your wife.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Praying that the blood shed by my Jesus at Calvary will cleans your body of plague. By His strips we are healed. Thank you Jesus.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
To be more clear, brooke's uncle is an ER doctor and he said with my age, he doesn't think it would be my heart and he doesn't think it's covid related but he said it's not out of the realm of possibility. He wants me to go get checked to see what's going on regardless.

·
Registered
433 Posts
This may be too little too late, but:
One of the major problems for older COVID patients appears to be that the virus makes the blood more prone to clot, especially where it should not. I assume you're treating fever, so I'd use aspirin, rather than tylenol, if you tolerate aspirin well. The anti-coagulate properties of aspirin (ANY salicylate, frankly) may lean things in your favor. Additionally, max doses of aspirin (650 mg. every 4 hours) will substantially reduce the likelihood of unwanted inflammatory response. Not nearly as effective as steroids, but as good as it might get, absent those.
The other problematic system is, obviously, the lungs. If you have albuterol "puffers", or anything to treat asthma, use of these might be beneficial, even if you're not yet experiencing breathing problems.

This is ALL assuming that getting to a physician is out of the question. If you have ANY capability to get to professional medical help, I think you should make THAT happen with all due haste. Chest pains are NOTHING to 2nd guess. Too much of determining whether they're serious or mild transient events depends on the use of equipment found almost exclusively in hospitals.

Oh... My rant came too late. And I thought it was one of my better ones, too!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
This may be too little too late, but:
One of the major problems for older COVID patients appears to be that the virus makes the blood more prone to clot, especially where it should not. I assume you're treating fever, so I'd use aspirin, rather than tylenol, if you tolerate aspirin well. The anti-coagulate properties of aspirin (ANY salicylate, frankly) may lean things in your favor. Additionally, max doses of aspirin (650 mg. every 4 hours) will substantially reduce the likelihood of unwanted inflammatory response. Not nearly as effective as steroids, but as good as it might get, absent those.
The other problematic system is, obviously, the lungs. If you have albuterol "puffers", or anything to treat asthma, use of these might be beneficial, even if you're not yet experiencing breathing problems.

This is ALL assuming that getting to a physician is out of the question. If you have ANY capability to get to professional medical help, I think you should make THAT happen with all due haste. Chest pains are NOTHING to 2nd guess. Too much of determining whether they're serious or mild transient events depends on the use of equipment found almost exclusively in hospitals.
Good advice. So far I have not had a fever at all. Other than very mild cold symptoms and the chest pain, nothing really of note happened.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,299 Posts
On my way to the ER to get examined. Hopefully all is well.
Praying that this visit gets you some serious attention and that the medics pay attention and give you good advice and treatment. And that God will pull you through this.

How's your wife doing? How is she taking this?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Chest pains are NOTHING to 2nd guess. Too much of determining whether they're serious or mild transient events depends on the use of equipment found almost exclusively in hospitals.
Amen to this, way back when I was still young, or at least younger I started having chest pains at work, my work location was about 30 miles away from medical help, I didn't think it was a heart attack but I didn't want to take the chance on being wrong. I got ahold of my supervisor and he drove me in to an urgent care office, I didn't have any money on me and we didn't have medical insurance, so he told them that it might be work related. They did an ekg and determined that it wasn't my heart and was likely my esophagus and prescribed tagament. Of course workman's comp denied the claim and I paid the bill, but the thing is you don't want to just ignore those chest pains, they might not be acid indigestion. Don't take the chance. Meanwhile you are on my prayer list, take care of yourself and your wife and get that chest pain checked out so you can continue taking care of her for years to come.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks guys, your words of encouragement and prayers continue to give me strength. Brooke is feeling much better, her uncle said she should be on the downhill side of it by now, and her condition validates that. The first few days for her were the worst, after that her condition was no worse than just some nausea. Once we get my chest thing figured out, God willing we will be smooth sailing. One thing I failed to mention here, is our kids are fine and healthy. No symptoms whatsoever. They are their normal selves, thank God.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Blood has been drawn to check for clots, ekg has been done to check for arrhythmia, and xray of my chest has been done. Just waiting on the results. The nurses tell me they think there is multiple strains of the virus. They say based on what they see here, my wife and I are very lucky.

Will let everyone know what my test results are.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ok, so everything came back good. No heart problems or clots. They think my diaphragm might be inflamed and are having me take an anti inflammatory medication. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers again. I can't state how much that means to me and my wife. With the test results clear, I see no need to continue this thread as I have no other symptoms anymore. If something changes, I will update. Many thanks guys, God bless you all as he has me.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,264 Posts
Praise the Lord! Great to hear

·
Registered
920 Posts
Ok, so everything came back good. No heart problems or clots. They think my diaphragm might be inflamed and are having me take an anti inflammatory medication. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers again. I can't state how much that means to me and my wife. With the test results clear, I see no need to continue this thread as I have no other symptoms anymore. If something changes, I will update. Many thanks guys, God bless you all as he has me.
Glad to hear all the tests came back OK, prayers continuing!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts