Iver Johnson 32 small frame

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Craigso, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Craigso

Craigso New Member

I have what I believe is a 32 small frame 2nd model the serial number under the grip and on the trigger guard is 346XX has a flat spring does not have grips that is what I am interested in can anybody give me the year and what grips where on this gun also the automatic eject does not work is there a spring that needs to be in it and where might I find one I just found Made In USA on the barrel also

I can not upload Pictures at this time

Craig So
    Weatherford, Texas

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Shrek73

Shrek73 Well-Known Member

Your are going to need to give more details for us to help you. Do you have pictures, if so I can PM you and you can send them to me to post.

Does it have a hammer or is it hammerless? Why do you think it is .32, have you measured the bore?

3. Craigso

Craigso New Member

It does have a hammer and I think it is a 32 just by looking at the cylinder I have other 32’s I cannot send pictures right now as I stated

4. Shrek73

What type of top lever does it have? A side latch (1st pic) or the double post (2nd pic)?

5. Craigso

Craigso New Member

dbl second picture

6. Shrek73

It sounds like you have a US Revolver, not a Iver Johnson 2nd Model Safety Hammer Automatic.

The 2nd Model .32 Safety Hammer Automatics started with an A prefix, only the .38 S&W in 1895 didn't use an alphabetic prefix. US Revolvers didn't use a alphabetic prefix until later in their production.

Iver Johnsons were stamped Iver Johnson Firearms & Cycle Works, Fitchburg Mass USA on the

The US revolvers were stamped US Revolver Made in US on the barrels.

Again, this is only a guess without pictures...

7. Craigso

Craigso New Member

thank you I do believe it is the US Revolver now to figure the year thanks for all your help

8. Shrek73

Initially they used the same serial numbers for all US Revolvers, until they added alphabetic prefix to the different calibers in 1917. Yours was made in 1912.

9. Craigso

Craigso New Member