The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an IJ box showing a picture of the Safety Auto. Hammer, DA first model, small frame, first variation (per Bill Goforth's book). This is the model with the push button cylinder release above the cylinder on the barrel extension. However, the description on the box explaining removal of the cylinder describes the removal of the cylinder by means of unthreading the cylinder bushing which is incorrect for the picture shown.
I was informed that where errors existed between the picture and description, IJ inserted a small sheet explaining the corrected proceedure, be it a different picture or a revised description depending on the gun in the box.
Is this correct?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The book says the hook type cylinder retainer was used only on early production, and the first model second variation had the threaded cylinder bushing.

There's so little exterior difference visible they probably weren't concerned about the picture.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info.
I remember when looking at an as-new hammerless model in the box, of 1894 vintage, many years ago that there was a paper sandwiched in between the cardboard and the covering on the upper inside lid at the hinge about 1/4 of the length of the box, but unfortunately it had been cut short and did not show the printing.
I assumed that it was some info from IJ for the buyer's information, but I have no idea what it was for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts