Iver Johnson Cadet Ammo Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by tonyeh, May 2, 2009.

1. tonyeh

tonyeh New Member

I have an inherited Iver Johnson Cadet Model 55SA that is marked 32 Cal. I am curious if this is specifically for 32SW or Long? It seems like a nice little revolver and I was interested in seeing how she fires.

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

it will fire either.

I.J. CADET MODEL 55S-----------------------------------1955-1960
    The difference between the Model 55 and the Model 55S is only in the barrel length and grips. Grip panels are two piece small pocket size Tenite and the barrel length is 2 ½ inches and finish is blue. Does not have Hammer the Hammer action. Caliber .22 rimfire with 8 rounds cylinder capacity, also available in 32 S&W and 38 S&W calibers (5 shot), recessed chambers with Flash Control front rim (cylinder unfluted until 1958); Weight 24 ounces; Frame height 4 inches; Frame length 4 7/8 inches; Overall length 7 inches. DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    I.J. CADET MODEL 55SA--------------------------------1961-1978
    The difference between this A series and the earlier series is the addition of a loading gate to the right side of the frame. All specifications are the same except a small weight gain because of the loading gate. DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$95