The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just wondering if I could get which model of shotgun this is and if it is worth it to get it back in working shape, my late father said it did still shoot when taped together but it looks like it missing some parts for the auto ejection and the for-end stock is broken
That's too bad about the condition of your Iver Johnson.

That's one of the high grade doubles that IJ made. Trap grade possibly. Any markings on the top of the barrel?

And can you post some pictures of the receiver: top, both sides and bottom. And the top of the barrel.

If the stock is in good shape and the parts found for the fore end and ejectors, it sure would make sense to see about bringing it back.

Neat gun for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock is in great shape, I did not see any other numbers on the top of the barrel just a grooved piece leading to the bead, it’s an awesome gun and I would love to get it back up and shooting it was handed down from my grandfather to my father and now to me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
With the exception of the very early (1913-14ish) doubles that had removable side plates all the Iver Johnson build doubles were mechanically the same inside with just different external options.
Your shotgun is most likely a Skeet-er (yes, that's how they used to spell it) given all the engraving.
Can we get a top and bottom shot of the forearm iron/ejector assembly? That way we might be able to tell which latch style was used and whether you're missing parts or just in need of some new forearm wood.
Any which way, it's definitely a gun you want to get fixed! Engraved IJ doubles aren't exactly "a dime a dozen".

·
Premium Member
15,022 Posts
I never suspected Iver-Johnson made such a double gun. That's impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts