The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just found this forum when I was try to find info on this IJ revolver I just picked up. These seem a little hard to get exact dates for. So heres what I have, H50542 under grips, 50642 on trigger gaurd, 50642 above cylinder and does have coil main spring.. I believe its been refinished because it looks like new :) with like a cooper color frame and blue barrel and cylinder. Don't know how to post pics here :(

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF.

You have a large frame .38 S&W caliber third model hammer version made in 1922.

To post photos, click on the Go Advanced tab below the reply screen, then click on the paper clip next to the smiley face, and Browse to find and Upload your photo or photos. (Don't forget to click Submit Reply after uploading)

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Yes, it has been refinished, the odd color is the result of what ever metal Iver Johnson used in the frame not taking the bluing. Common fault with a lot of firarms. The one gun seen the most with that problem is the post Winchester 94.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.