Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Iver Johnson Info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jim2115, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jim2115

Jim2115 New Member

I recently acquired an Iver Johnson hand gun and would appreciate any information I can get on it. I have read earlier threads but still can't pin point model, cal., or date of manufacture. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Attached Files:

2. Shrek73

Shrek73 Well-Known Member

You have a small frame Iver Johnson 2nd Model Safety Hammer Automatic Revolver made in 1904. It is chambered in .32 S&W and is considered a black powder frame. It is not safe for modern smokeless ammunition. It may be a 3rd or 4th Variation depending on the stamping on the top of the barrel.

Nickel was the standard finish on these, so the blued versions are more desirable.

3. Jim2115

Jim2115 New Member

Thanks for the info Shrek. The stamping on top of barrel says Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works. Fitchburg Mass. USA...Has 5 patent dates at bottom of butt.

4. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Jim, I don't think it's just the wording but the shape of the stamping as well so I picture may help.

5. Jim2115

Jim2115 New Member

Okay. Thanks.

Attached Files: