The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to determine the value of a IJ Double Action Model 1900 Ser# 26309.
Medium flaking of chrome on right side forward of cylinder (see pictures) and right hand grip missing a piece below the screw post (see photo), Slight copper color showing on barrel so chrome plating at ~50%?
remainder of plating (except as noted above) is >75%.

I do know based on what I have read here it is black powder only but am not sure of the caliber. I have not fired the gun due to lack of ammo but it appears to operate/function correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF. Your Model 1900 is an early one, made in 1902.

They are not high value collector items and in condition shown my WAG is $50-$75 value range.

The late I. J. expert Bill Goforth claimed no change was ever made to the Model 1900, so apparently they were considered safe with smokeless powder loads, as the solid frame design is stronger than the break-open models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I have been around reading and edumacting myself since January but finally got around to asking a question. One day I may have something to contribute to someone else's questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,049 Posts
My 1st guess on rounds would be the 38 S&W but the holes in the cylinder look bigger than that???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.