Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Iver Johnson Pistol...would love age and value info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mike Fisher, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher New Member

Hello Everyone,

I was just given a pistol that belonged to my Grandpa. I have been reading and searching the forum, so I have discovered a lot of information already. I would appreciate any information that anyone can offer about this gun, including the age and value. Here is all the information I have, including some pic's:

.32 caliber
    Top of barrel: IVER JOHNSON'S ARMS & CYCLE WORKS FITCHBURG, MASS. U.S.A.
    Under trigger guard: 44704
    Bottom of handle: TJune 16.96 AUG25 PT 6.04-PATS.PEND
    Under left grip: B44704
    Barrel length: 3"
    Bullet chambers: 5
    Handle grips: black
    Condition: No cracks...very few scratches...the ones there are pretty small. I don't know the original finish color, but I have to assume it's present finish is tarnished. I don't know how else to describe this.

Sorry everyone...will post picture links in a little bit...I promise. :)

Here is a dropbox link to the folder where I have my pictures if you don't mind clicking on that to see them:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/izpcu8djbe9ldpo/AAAkcjn5cTPViDHVGgLlrpdZa?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Mike, but your photo link requires a subscription.

Pending photos to confirm, you have a smokeless powder 3rd model small frame hammerless .32 made in 1911.

Good photos are also required for value estimate, but these were utility priced guns when new, and don't bring high prices today.

Mike Fisher likes this.

3. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

hrf,

That's the third one I've seen you date at 1911 over the past three weeks. Is that the only year they were made? :p

Just kidding with you :)

4. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher New Member

Thanks for the info hrf. It is much appreciated. I didn't think it had a lot of value. I just want to be able to tell people more about it.
    Dropbox always fools people and makes them think they have to subscribe. You just close out the subscription offer and the picture folder should be available. I use it all of the time for music and other files I need to share.

5. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher New Member

6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mike mine is a 38 S&W made in 1924. My wife's grandfather was issued it by the city of Chicago back in 1924. I don't think he ever shot it. They are not worth much. You can buy them all day long for $100.

Mike Fisher likes this.
  7. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher New Member

Thanks gvw3. From my research, so far, it seems like they made quite a few of these things.

8. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Mike Fisher likes this.