Iver Johnson price

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Steve0, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Steve0

Steve0 New Member

I have a Iver Johnson .410 double barrel hurcules grade made in Canada and I'm wonder what you guys think it's worth. I had one guy offer $50 and I think it's worth more than that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Shrek73

Shrek73 Active Member

The $50 offer is ridiculous, most .410 double barrels are worth a lot more than that. Take more pictures, its difficult to evaluate this with only two pictures. Also note any cracks and the bore condition.

Grizzley1 likes this.

3. Steve0

Steve0 New Member

The bore is perfect and there are no cracks or dings in either the bore or stock. Well taken care of gun. I can't find any info about this company with it being made in Canada but only find info from it being made in the US. Any other pictures needed?

Attached Files:

4. Shrek73

Shrek73 Active Member

According to Bill Goforth, who was the resident expert on Iver Johnsons, the Canadian marked shotguns were made in the USA and exported to Canada where they were stamped. He could find no record of them being manufactured in Canada.

Do all the serial numbers match? Should be on the bottom of the barrels, the forearm and on the frame.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

I have seen them going for $1500 to $2000. I don't know if they are selling. I have seen a lot of IJ single shots going for $100. I would say $50 that the guy is trying to steal it.

Steve0, shootbrownelk and Shrek73 like this.
  6. Shrek73

Shrek73 Active Member

I would agree, with the value range for a Hercules .410, but I don't know if the Canadian markings will decrease or increase the collectability. Any .410 double barrel will bring decent money.

The standard champion singe shot will run for about $100 but the .410's and more rarer gauges like the 28, 32 or 44 will increase the collectability and the price.

Steve0 likes this.
  7. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

If I were to guess, just by looking at the pictures, I would guess in the neighborhood of $800.00 to $1,000.00. That's just a guess, but I think I'm close. If the guy who offered you $50.00 was a friend...I'd rethink your relationship. He's a thief.

Steve0 likes this.
  8. Steve0

Steve0 New Member

Well I feel better that I didn't let it go for $50. The numbers are matching and I do have another Hercules but I was keeping that one for my collection. Very helpful information. Thanks a lot guys.

Shrek73 likes this.