The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You have an Iver Johnson 2nd Model Safety Hammerless revolver chambered in .32 S&W made in either 1899 or 1902. Iver Johnson used this serial number twice on the same pistol for some reason. Please post a picture of the top of the barrel and the butt stamping. I should be able to narrow it down since the 1899 was a 1st Model and the 1902 was a 2nd model.

This is considered a Black Powder frame and you should not attempt to fire modern smokeless ammo thru it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have an Iver Johnson 2nd Model Safety Hammerless revolver chambered in .32 S&W made in either 1899 or 1902. Iver Johnson used this serial number twice on the same pistol for some reason. Please post a picture of the top of the barrel and the butt stamping. I should be able to narrow it down since the 1899 was a 1st Model and the 1902 was a 2nd model.

This is considered a Black Powder frame and you should not attempt to fire modern smokeless ammo thru it.
Here are the additional pics you requested. As you can see if there was something on the butt, it's worn off.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I believe you have a 2nd Model Safety Hammerless 1st Variation made in 1899. The 1st Variation had a two line stamping on the top of the barrel and the 2nd Variation had three line stamping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you have a 2nd Model Safety Hammerless 1st Variation made in 1899. The 1st Variation had a two line stamping on the top of the barrel and the 2nd Variation had three line stamping.
Thanks! Do you know what it's worth?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
These do not bring a lot of money anywhere between $100-$200 depending on the model and special options. Nickel was the standard finish and yours has some flaking, but not a lot. There is a chip in the bottom of the grip and you are missing the shroud pin. Looks like someone used a stick pin and bent it to hold the shroud in place.

If everything cycles properly and the bore is clean, I would estimate around $150. You can go on ********* and other websites and see these listed for $200, but if you watch them they never sell at that price. 3rd Models will bring a little more since you can fire modern smokeless ammo thru them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts