The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THIS IS A RE-POST -the previous post somehow was removed from the forum.
I inherited an Iver Johnson's 32 cal revolver from my grandfather. It is nickle plated in fair condition and has holster wear but the bore does have some pitting. Otherwise it is good mechanically. Numbers under the trigger guard are 77445 and under the grip is A77445.

The info on the butt of grip is PAT AUG 25.9X - the X cannot be determined due to wear or being dropped. Then it says Pats Pending.

My questions are: its possible value, when was it manufactured, is it safe to shoot, and how do you remove the cylinder from the frame?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I sincerely appreciate your reply. I removed cylinder per your directions and frame number matches the rest so it isn't from separate parts. As a young person my grandfather told me he served in the Canadian Royal Mounted Police but haven't been able to confirm that although he and my grandmother did immigrate to the USA from GB after living in Calgary Canada for a number of years. I don't know if he carried the pistol in that service and he passed away before I even knew it existed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts