The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I just saw that on the NBC Nightly News.

Steven Wood says his father was always humbled by his small role in the historic moment.

In a 1945 letter to a Marine general who asked for details about the flag, Wood wrote: "The fact that there were men among us who were able to face a situation like Iwo where human life is so cheap, is something to make humble those of us who were so very fortunate not to be called upon to endure such hell."

Part of The GREATEST Generation.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
There aren't many of the old heroes left any more and fewer each year. I shudder to think of any politician being called a hero... We most certainly need some real Heroes to help give our nation some direction. We have them too - firefighters who went into the twin towers and most didn't come out. Now in our nation most forget the Heroes of today within a day. Most forget the Heroes of the past and don't care. And, way too many of the people of this once very great, and now less great nation, simply want their food stamps and welfare checks.

I'm willing to make a bet that 60% of today's 'Americans' have no clue as to where Iraq or Afghanistan are on the planet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts