Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

J.P. Sauer & Son drilling - What's it worth ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by FVN, May 10, 2009.

1. FVN

FVN New Member

Hi there

I am soon getting possession of a J.P. Sauer & Son drilling. It belonged to my stepfather. Calibre is 2 x 12 gauge shot and 11.2 x 60R Mauser. He had about 50 cartridges made up for him at City Guns in Cape Town, South Africa, by Terry Harisson, the gunsmith there. Solid lathe turned cases all of them. Terry also ordered the dies etc. I'm collecting the rifle within a month. Problem is the new gun laws in South Africa will not let me keep it, so I have three choices: Hand in to the police, de-activate it and hang it on my wall or sell it. I have only seen the rifle once before. The engraving looked beautiful. What would it be worth ? I know I offer little information but will do better in a month's time.

Francois van Niekerk ( fpvaniek@telkomsa.net )

Beaufort West
    South Africa

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

There is always that JP Sauer themselves might be interested in buying it. You have provenance, which is important.

Pops