The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a AP-80 22lr . I am looking for a drum mag that is compatible with this rifle. PLEASE HELP.
Sorry none exist. HOWEVER it may be possible to take a GSG 110 rd drum mag for a ruger 10/22 and with some definite skills, marry the top 1/3 of a regular AP80 mag to the drum thereby creating a drum mag for it. I have never done this, but it has been done using suomi drums for a variety of 9mm firearms. Perhaps a very strong epoxy to join the 2 pieces would work and clean up with a dremel. You would be joining metal to plastic, which is difficult, but not impossible. "If" you could make it work, you would have a 1 of a kind creation. Note: abide by the laws in your state concerning mag capacity.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If we’re talking modifying rimfire drums, the Black Dog might be a better candidate.
I have both, great drums, but the Black dog has a removable tower and has several versions for 10/22, AR-15 conversions, Colt/Umarex M4,etc.
One thing, I converted my Colt/Umarex BD drum for my dedicated rimfire AR-15 by swapping the tower with a BD kit. That kit also included a different ‘dummy follower’, which is a flexible follower that simulates rounds to push the last round up past the drum through the tower. So if you plan to graft a mag upper to a drum lower, plan to fabricate a follower too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.