The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP - Jennings J-22 question: A friend recently got a J-22, fired it and ask me to show him how to clean it. I broke it down, cleaned it, and reassembled it; he watched the process. A few days later he fired it at the range and decided to clean it himself. To get to the point, or the problem, the gun doesn't function at all. The firing pin is protruding from the 'take down button', which I believe is because it's in the cocked position and I'm unable to dry fire it to get the firing pin flush with the back of the 'take down button', which means that I can't disassemble the weapon - pushing in the 'take down button' doesn't release the slide as it should…………what can I do to disassemble the weapon and correct the problem?????

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
IIRC you need the mag in for it to fire. Otherwise pull the right grip panel and manually drop the sear out. IMO don't strip it to much, the takedown breaks rather easy, along with the rest of the gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IIRC you need the mag in for it to fire. Otherwise pull the right grip panel and manually drop the sear out. IMO don't strip it to much, the takedown breaks rather easy, along with the rest of the gun.
Having the same issue as the guy above but can't locate the sear. Did it drop out as I was cleaning and didn't get it back in? This thing was working great till this happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.