The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a Jennings model 25? Do you use it? I got my dad's when he passed. Basically memorabilia/novelty but, does look and work good over 75%. Yes, I know $75 gun new cause made with low quality metals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The best thing to do with the Jennings is throw it away. The Bryco/Lorcin/Jennings, were manufactured by the same company which kept changing its name and location every time they lost a lawsuit over shoddy manufacturing practices. I had a Jennings .22 that discharged when it was drooped with the safety on. You could pull the trigger with the safety on and fire the gun. They may not be the worst gun on the market, But they are in the top 2 or 3.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The best thing to do with the Jennings is throw it away. The Bryco/Lorcin/Jennings, were manufactured by the same company which kept changing its name and location every time they lost a lawsuit over shoddy manufacturing practices. I had a Jennings .22 that discharged when it was drooped with the safety on. You could pull the trigger with the safety on and fire the gun. They may not be the worst gun on the market, But they are in the top 2 or 3.
Yup. Had one years ago, given to me to fix……get rid of by a friend because his wife was somewhat unstable. “Sorry I can’t fix it.” Actually true because well it is what it is. Sat gathering dust till I used it as $5 trade in on Ruger Single Nine. That was before I had my CC and you didn’t have to wait five days to take your new pistol if you traded one in. Had a Davis derringer that was put to the same use. Unless there is some sentimental or historical value to these type guns trade in is about the best you can do with them IMHO.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
You can add Jimemez Arms to your list. They are all not worth buying.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I got one in 22 back in 90's and don't remember if their name was Jennings or one of their other's at the time.
Never been fired. BTW: It will not fire! Course when found you used a ballpoint pen, figured had threw money away. Wasn't much, think thang was $90 something at the time.
The firing pin would not strike. The spring was short, I think.
Anyway, IMHO it's right up there with the Maverick 9mm bought at same time. About same price. It was best of those two. It fired, but only close to 50% of the time. If ya needed a hammer it'd be great!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Most Jennings guns work properly. Perhaps a disproportionate number are defective, but they aren't all bad.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
And that disproportionate number is high enough for me to not rely on one for personal defense or a carry gun.
They are made so cheap that I wouldn't trust them to not blow up in my hand.
Why do you think that this company has changed names or been sold so many times.
They do it to keep from being sued.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Back in the dark ages, I had a Jennings J-22 and all I can say about it is,,,it was accurate up to about 3 feet and if you were not careful the slide retaining pin would back out constantly. While I have no experience with J-25, I would think you would have the same experiences.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you ever see the RAVE reviews that the now discontinued magazine "GUN TESTS" had to say
about the Ravens?

THEY praised them like crazy!
I get "Gun Tests" every month. It may not be the one your referencing. As for the Jennings, I had one in .22. I never fired a complete magazine without a malfunction usually two or three. I traded it a Gun Show for $30.00 off a Ruger MKII. I still feel bad about cheating that guy.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
And that disproportionate number is high enough for me to not rely on one for personal defense or a carry gun.
If a $89 22 Jennings worked poor old Ruger would have a warehouse full of unsold LCPII 22s. As it is those dang things fly out the door faster than they come in at over $350. :oops: Even Kel Tec is an example of legendary dependability compared to the zinc pocket clutter😂.
I have never shot one that worked with any dependability. I have never known anyone that has had any luck with one. I guess there has to be some out there that work…..
I get "Gun Tests" every month. It may not be the one your referencing. As for the Jennings, I had one in .22. I never fired a complete magazine without a malfunction usually two or three. I traded it a Gun Show for $30.00 off a Ruger MKII. I still feel bad about cheating that guy.
Don’t worry at gun show prices he probably cheated you ;) 😂

·
Registered
174 Posts
If a $89 22 Jennings worked poor old Ruger would have a warehouse full of unsold LCPII 22s. As it is those dang things fly out the door faster than they come in at over $350. :oops: Even Kel Tec is an example of legendary dependability compared to the zinc pocket clutter😂.
I have never shot one that worked with any dependability. I have never known anyone that has had any luck with one. I guess there has to be some out there that work…..

Don’t worry at gun show prices he probably cheated you ;) 😂
He was cheaper than the LGS I deal with. I should have given him $30.00 to take that gun off my hands.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
He was cheaper than the LGS I deal with. I should have given him $30.00 to take that gun off my hands.
You did better than the two pocket trash guns I traded on other pistols. I got what the Davis Derringer was worth, $20 but the 25 I did kinda get over on the fella $5 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
392 Posts
This is the magazine I referred to. Published in LA and no advertising.

Gesture Publication Motor vehicle Font Fictional character

It was a spinoff from Pistolero magazine.
They ....bought.... all the guns they tested. No manufacturer "samples."
Fun reads. I still have all the Pistolero and Gun Test mags from back then. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts

View attachment 260077

I remember that one. I liked it. The one I subscribe to now is out of Big Sandy, TX.

·
Super Moderator
43,852 Posts

View attachment 260077

When I subscribed to them, I don't remember there being any "color" on or in them, all black on white.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts